Alien Splashdown coming soon

1 view

Authors Booking Service

Apr 11, 2011, 11:20:26 AM4/11/11
to authors...@googlegroups.com
As a child, my number one best friend was the librarian in my grade school.  I actually believed all those books belonged to her. - Erma Bombeck
_______________________________

LAST CHANCE!

Sharon Jennings is available in Brampton the afternoon of April 15.  No travel fee.

Jo Ellen Bogart is available in Ottawa on April 18 and 20, 2011.  Low travel costs.

________________________________

CONGRATULATIONS to the recent winners in our book draws!  This month, in addition to our regular draws, we added several for our recent contest.  Here is a full list of those receiving a free autographed book of their choice: Brigitte Beaulieu Platnar, Melissa Kennedy, Jennifer Rylander, Nicole Davies, Lee-Ann Martinez, Tatiana Apanovich, Linda Waybrant,  Laura Martin, Annette Vermeer, Diane Ryan, Lindsay Brennan,  Kimberly Oliver, Robin Morrison-claus and Jane Blythe.

Every session booked through ABS automatically earns you a ballot in our monthly draws!  To see a list of available books, visit this page on our blog:

______________________________________

NEWS:

Allan Stratton's Borderline has been named to the Bank Street Best Books List 2011. This month, he is doing workshops for the Canadian Children's Book Club Program in a variety of Ontario schools.  Allan also did a Q&A for the TIFF Sprockets Film Festival for Young People at Toronto's Bell Lightbox Theatre following the April 6 screening of Life Above All, based on his novel Chanda's Secrets.

Award-winning author, LM Falcone, (The Midnight Curse, The Devil, the Banshee and Me, Walking with the Dead), will be heading out to beautiful Vancouver Island for the 2011 Canadian Children's Centre Book Week Tour.

This month BC author Lois Peterson welcomes her latest book Beyond Repair (a middle school hi-lo) with a book-signing at a local independent bookstore, participation in the Read Local for Kids event at White Rock Library, and a group launch by Orca Book Publisher authors at Vancouver's Ardea Books.

Gail Nyoka participated in three storytelling workshops given by Irish Storyteller Clare Muireann Murphy at the Toronto Storytelling Festival.  The workshops emphasized storytelling for children, and using storytelling to empower marginalized groups.

When presenting her French picture books “Une Charlotte au chocolat” and “Chapeau Charlotte!” Toronto-based author Mireille Messier is now accompanied by a puppet of her character! With her turquoise pyjamas, her funky red hair and her delicious repartee, Charlotte is sure to steal the show. Perfect for immersion presentations in grades SK to 3.

______________________________________

ALIEN SPLASHDOWN!

Join award-winning author Jacob Berkowitz (of Jurassic Poop fame) and his alien friend Ambrosia for a laugh-filled show on why life loves water!  Ideal for libraries, Alien Splashdown! runs 45 minutes and is suited for children aged 6 – 12.  Audience max is 80.  Jacob’s only requirement is an armless chair.

Alien Splashdown! will be in the Greater Toronto Area the week of August 8-12.

Contact us now to reserve Jacob and Ambrosia for your library!

_____________________________________

YOUR TURN!

I just wanted to thank you for helping me to arrange a visit with Marina Cohen.  She presented to our Gr. 6-8s today and the students and teachers were still buzzing about her long after she left.  She gave a great presentation and really engaged the students.  I would recommend her to anyone!!  - Jennifer Brezina

(Thanks for writing, Jennifer!  We love receiving feedback!)

_____________________________________

ABS MEMBERS COMING YOUR WAY!

Sigmund Brouwer and Stanley Cup Winner Gaston Gringas are available to present to English and French immersion schools as part of Brouwer’s Rock and Roll Literacy program.  Available dates are: April 28 p.m.: Kitchener to Burlington, April 29 and May 3 or 4 in the GTA.  Sigmund also has some availability for his regular presentation this spring.

Gail Sidonie Sobat is available in the GTA April 27 and 28 and the Durham area on April 29.

Jacqueline Guest is available in Toronto on the morning of  April 28.

kc dyer is available in the Toronto area on May 2 and 3.

Helaine Becker is available in Brantford in the morning on May 3.

A Royal Little Pest Team is available in St. Catharines on May 4

Eric Zweig has one time slot open in Barrie on May 5.

Helaine Becker is available in Peterborough in the afternoon on May 5.

Celia Godkin will be in the GTA and is available for bookings May 24 - 26.

Tololwa Mollel will be in the GTA and is available for bookings May 25 - 30.
___________________________________

NEED A PRESENTER FOR BOOK WEEK?

Visit this page on our blog for details:

http://authorsbooking.blogspot.com/2011/03/presenters-for-book-week.html

NEED A PRESENTER FOR A FOREST OF READING EVENT?

Visit this page on our blog for details:

http://authorsbooking.blogspot.com/2011/03/forest-of-reading-presenters.html

VIRTUAL VISITS!
Here’s where you’ll find a complete list of members who can visit your students virtually:  http://authorsbooking.blogspot.com/2010/10/our-list-of-virtual-visitors.html

Questions?  Comments?  We’re listening!

Marsha & Valerie

Contact us at a...@authorsbooking.com.  We respond quickly to all e-mails.

Please note: If you haven't had a reply to messages sent to the above address within 2 working days, your message may have gone astray.  In that case, please contact either of us at home.

Valerie Sherrard: val...@nbnet.nb.ca or Marsha Skrypuch: mar...@calla.com