It's not too late to book a presenter!

1 view

Authors Booking Service

Mar 21, 2011, 10:21:24 AM3/21/11
to authors...@googlegroups.com

If you still need an author or illustrator for your upcoming Book Week or Forest of Reading event, don’t worry – it’s not too late!  We can help!

Scroll down for links to availability lists, or send us a note at a...@authorsbooking.com telling us what you need.

_________________________________

Please note: WITS and NPR Funding for the period of April 1, 2011 to August 31, 2011 is now exhausted. Applications for September 1, 2011 to March 31, 2012 will be available in June.

NOMINATIONS AND LISTS!

Susin Nielsen’s novel Dear George Clooney, Please Marry My Mom has just been shortlisted for the BC Sheila A Egoff Children’s Literature Prize!

The Children’s Literature Roundtables of Canada Information Book Award 2012 Preliminary Shortlist has been announced.  Congratulations to the following ABS members whose non-fiction titles have made it this far!

Ages 5-8

All Aboard! Elijah McCoy’s Steam Engine By Monica Kulling

Ages 9-12

Design It!  The Ordinary Things We Use Every Day and the Not-So-Ordinary Ways They Came To Be By Rona Arato

Talking Tails: The Incredible Connection Between People and Their Pets By Ann Love and Jane Drake

Watch This Space: Designing, Defending and Sharing Public Spaces By Hadley Dyer, Illustrated by Marc Ngui

Whispers in Hiding By Kathy Kacer and Sharon McKay

Who Wants Pizza?  The Kids’ Guide to the History, Science, and Culture of Food By Jan Thornhill

The SCBWI Crystal Kite finalists have been announced, including these ABS Members:

Real Mermaids Don't Wear Toe Rings by Helene Boudreau

Stolen Child by Marsha Skrypuch

Congratulations to ABS Members who have titles on the

Best of 2010 from Resource Links list!

Picture Books

Becker, Helaine. A Porcupine In A Pine Tree: A Canadian Twelve Days Of Christmas.

Edwards, Wallace. The Cat's Pajamas.

Hutchins, Hazel. Together. Illustrated By Alice Priestley.

Jennings, Sharon. A Chanukah Noel. Illustrated By Gillian Newland.

Reynolds-Macarthur, Anita. A Royal Little Pest: Mine! Illustrated By Karen Roy.

Winters, Kari-Lynn. On My Walk. Illustrated By Christina Leist

Fiction Grades 3-6

Belgue, Nancy. Colette And The Silver Samovar

Brewster, Hugh. Prisoner Of Dieppe; World War Ii - Alistair Morrison, Occupied France, 1942

Demeulmseester, Linda. Grim Hill: The Family Secret.

Falcone, L. M. The Midnight Curse. Illustrated By Heeley.

Little, Jean. Exiles From The War: The War Guests Diary Of Charlotte Mary Twiss

Muller, Robin. The Nightwood.

Nielsen, Susin. Dear George Clooney Please Marry My Mom.

Peterson, Lois. Silver Rain.

Skrypuch, Marsha Forchuk. Stolen Child.

Non-Fiction K - Grade 6

Arato, Rona. Design It! The Ordinary Things We Use Every Day And The Not-So-Ordinary Ways They Came To Be. Illustrated By Claudia Newell.

Becker, Helaine. What's The Big Idea? Inventions That Changed Life On Earth Forever. Illustrated By Steve Attoe.

Cohen, Marina. Live It: Cooperation

Cohen, Marina. Live It: Inclusiveness

Kulling, Monica. All Aboard! Elijah Mccoy's Steam Engine  Illustrated By Bill Slavin.

Wilson, Janet. Our Earth: How Kids Are Saving The Planet.

Fiction Grades 7 - 12

Brouwer, Sigmund. Oil King Courage

Griggs, Terry. Nieve

Kositsky, Lynne. Minerva's Voyage.

Mckay, Sharon E. Thunder Over Kandahar. Photographs By Rafal Gerzak.

Peacock, Shane. The Secret Fiend (The Boy Sherlock Holmes ~ His 4th Case).

Scarsbrook, Richard. The Monkeyface Chronicles.

Slade, Arthur. The Dark Deeps (The Hunchback Assignments II).

Stratton, Allan. Borderline.

Wilson, John. Grail. The Heretics Secret: Book II.

Young, Beryl. Follow The Elephant.

Non-Fiction Grades 7-12

Cohen, Marina. Cells

Cohen, Marina. Genetic Engineering

___________________________________

NEW RELEASE:

BC author kc dyer has brought back her popular character Darby (A Walk Through A Window) in the exciting new story Facing Fire. Darby has returned to her old tricks, exploring more exciting stories of how people came to Canada throughout history.  kc will be in Toronto and available for school visits on May 2 and 3.

_____________________________________

Need A Presenter For Book Week?

Visit this page on our blog for details:

http://authorsbooking.blogspot.com/2011/03/presenters-for-book-week.html

Need a Presenter for a Forest of Reading Event?

Visit this page on our blog for details:

http://authorsbooking.blogspot.com/2011/03/forest-of-reading-presenters.html

______________________________________

ABS MEMBERS coming your way!

Sigmund Brouwer and Stanley Cup Winner Gaston Gringas!

The Stanley Cup and Literacy!  With two new French titles released in late April with co-writer Sigmund Brouwer, new author Gaston Gingras will be available to present to English and French immersion schools as part of Brouwer’s Rock and Roll Literacy program.

Gaston Gingras played for the Kitchener Rangers, then the Toronto Maple Leafs and the Montreal Canadiens, where he won a Stanley Cup. Available dates are during Catholic Education Week, and Book Week -- late April and early May.

Sigmund also has some availability for his regular presentations this spring.  Ask about dates.

Jo Ellen Bogart will be in Ottawa and has dates available April 18 and 20, 2011. Transportation for her trip to Ottawa is being partially subsidized, so is much reduced.

Philip Roy is available in the GTA and Hamilton areas on April 5th and the Oakville area on April 6 and 7.

Gail Sidonie Sobat will be in the GTA and is available for school and library visits on April 27 to 29.

Jacqueline Guest is available in Toronto on the  morning of  April 28.

kc dyer will be available for school visits in the Toronto area on May 2 and 3.

Helaine Becker is available in Brantford in the morning on May 3.

A Royal Little Pest Team will be in St. Catharines and is available for bookings on May 4

Helaine Becker is available in Peterborough in the afternoon on May 5.

Celia Godkin will be in the GTA and is available for bookings May 24 - 26.

Tololwa Mollel will be in the GTA and is available for bookings May 24 - 30.

Helaine Becker will be in the Ottawa area several times this school year and will waive travel costs for full day bookings (4 sessions).
___________________________________

OUR MEMBER LISTS!

Click here for a direct link to our list of Forest of Reading nominees:

http://authorsbooking.com/2043/2064.html

A list of our regular members can be seen here:

http://www.authorsbooking.com/2043/index.html

Contact us to book any of our members or to be placed on a waiting list for an out-of-province member.

Questions?  Comments?  We’re listening!

Marsha & Valerie

Contact us at a...@authorsbooking.com.  We respond quickly to all e-mails.

Please note: If you haven't had a reply to messages sent to the above address within 2 working days, your message may have gone astray.  In that case, please contact either of us at home.

Valerie Sherrard: val...@nbnet.nb.ca or Marsha Skrypuch: mar...@calla.com