Seeking advice from your experience or hearing from your friends

Minale Demelash

Jun 4, 2024, 8:51:54 AMJun 4
to AuthorAID
Dear AuthorAid Members,
I would like to ask you about OPenAI.
Is it appropriate to cite OpenAI (such as ChatGPT) as a formal reference in my PhD dissertation?
I thank you for your time and genuine response.
With kind regards

Charles Nyanga

Jun 4, 2024, 10:37:08 AMJun 4
to auth...@googlegroups.com
Dear Minale Demelashi
I think it is not appropriate. ChatBot, ChatGPT etc are not humans. There responses lack a lot of content and that human touch. They are not authorities, they are just similitudes of humanity. All the best with your PhD thesis. Please do not mess up your academic career by thinking of citing a ChatBot.
Best regards,
Charles Nyanga

--
When posting, please include your name, institution/organisation
You can also start a new thread by emailing auth...@googlegroups.com

*Charles Nyanga*
* Head of Department - Sustainable Agriculture^
*Zambia College of Agriculture - Mpika*
*PO Box 450143*
*Mpika*
*Zambia*
*Cell: 00260975545294/00260960297698*

George Oromo

Jun 4, 2024, 10:38:09 AMJun 4
to auth...@googlegroups.com
I just thought that references were supposed to be from peer-reviewed literature only. AI has no reviewers. I have also experienced false information from AI. It is a dangerous source. I think you should keep off the source.
 George Oromo
orog...@gmail.com
+254 722 294 335/+254 734 990 318
Genesis 50: 19-21  "But Joseph said to them, “Don’t be afraid. Am I in the place of God? You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives.  So then, don’t be afraid. I will provide for you and your children.” And he reassured them and spoke kindly to them".

Charles Nyanga

Jun 4, 2024, 12:15:06 PMJun 4
to auth...@googlegroups.com
Dear Dr George Oromo,
You are right. The ChatBots lack a lot of information and sometimes provide false information. Try to punch your name and see what data it will bring and when punch in the same name again the data drastically changes, this is the test you can use.
Best regards to all of you,

Minale Demelash

Jun 4, 2024, 12:15:11 PMJun 4
to auth...@googlegroups.com
Dear Charles Nyanga,
I thank you very much for your insightful suggestions and recommendations.

--

Minale Demelash,

PhD Candidate (at AAU), Chemistry Education,

Dilla University,

Research Areas: Chemistry and integrated science education (context-based learning; simulation-assisted instruction; systematic literature review; teaching-learning activities, instructional approach, teaching methods, instructional strategy, general school science education)

Cell phone: 0940631416

ORCiD: 0000-0003-4898-2130

Academia.edu: https://dillauniversity.academia.edu/MinaleDemelash

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/minale-demelash-71136321a/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/DemelashMinale

ResearchGate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Minale_Demelash

Charles Kalinzi

Jun 4, 2024, 12:15:18 PMJun 4
to auth...@googlegroups.com
In my university we consider this as part of false /ghost citations and its a serious academic offence punishable by cancelling the result! Stand warned never to commit an academic offence!

All the best,

Charles Nyanga

Jun 4, 2024, 1:47:12 PMJun 4
to auth...@googlegroups.com