A couple of strange behaviors after upgrade to 6.0

Ben Mansheim

Apr 30, 2013, 9:10:37 AM4/30/13
to author-...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

Has anyone seen these issues:

  1. When opening a file object, I get "Error initializing the printer." When I check the printer settings AIT says that I don't have any printers installed. Of course Windows knows that I do.
  2. When I publish, the variables in the book are published as their default values and not as the values selected for the book.
Any leads are appreciated.

Ben

#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#
Ben Mansheim
b...@mansheim.com
home 077-440-3105
cell 052-691-6188
US 401-441-5473 (however we are still 7 hours ahead of Eastern time)

Phil Americus

Apr 30, 2013, 9:17:24 AM4/30/13
to author-...@googlegroups.com
I haven't seen issue #1. But I have seen issue #2. Sometimes, if I change the variables I need to quit AIT, re-open AIT, and then the variables publish correctly (without having to change the variables again).

--Phil

Phil Americus
M: 054-520-3658

Eli Har-Even

Apr 30, 2013, 9:20:41 AM4/30/13
to author-...@googlegroups.com

Hi Ben-

I haven’t seen issue #1. For #2, you could try changing the book template to a different one, and then changing it back again. Then republish.

Eli

Email secured by Check Point

Jo Levitt

Apr 30, 2013, 9:20:57 AM4/30/13
to author-...@googlegroups.com
I experienced this in previous versions too. Shame it wasn't fixed

Jo
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jo Levitt - J...@standupcommunications.com
Independent Single-Sourcing Advisor
Senior Technical Writer
(+972) 54-635-2340
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ben Mansheim

May 1, 2013, 6:50:04 AM5/1/13
to author-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks everyone. Closing and re-opening AIT seems to solve issue #1. Still have the error when I open file objects.

Any other suggestions would be great!

Ben

#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#
Ben Mansheim
b...@mansheim.com
home 077-440-3105
cell 052-691-6188
US 401-441-5473 (however we are still 7 hours ahead of Eastern time)

Adina Sherer

Nov 8, 2014, 3:02:28 PM11/8/14
to author-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eli -

This is Adina Sherer - I've seen your name on various Techshoret / AIT emails in the past.

Yoni said that you were registered for the AIT meeting on Monday - is that correct? Are you going to the AIT meeting from Jerusalem?

If the answer to all these questions is yes and yes and yes, then is it possible for me to get a ride with you to/from the meeting?
I can meet you anywhere it would be convenient for you, and I am happy to contribute towards the gas (or petrol, though I don't think you're British...)

Please let me know, and thank you!

--adina