Retaining Spaces in Output

1 view

Sara Levy

Nov 20, 2014, 5:42:39 AM11/20/14
to author-...@googlegroups.com
If I have (multiple) spaces at the beginning of a line in my content, they seem to get eliminated in output, at least in Web Help output. Can I get Author-it to recognize and retain those spaces so that I can use them for indentation in code samples?

(Although it would normally seem obvious to use paragraph styles for indentation, it is quicker to paste output from an online code beautifier which inserts spaces for indentation. That is why this question arises, in case you are wondering.)

יהודה ראק

Nov 20, 2014, 6:11:52 AM11/20/14
to author-...@googlegroups.com
In the style object, set:
Web tab > Layout > White space: Pre

On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 12:42 PM, Sara Levy <sara...@gmail.com> wrote:
If I have (multiple) spaces at the beginning of a line in my content, they seem to get eliminated in output, at least in Web Help output. Can I get Author-it to recognize and retain those spaces so that I can use them for indentation in code samples?

(Although it would normally seem obvious to use paragraph styles for indentation, it is quicker to paste output from an online code beautifier which inserts spaces for indentation. That is why this question arises, in case you are wondering.)

Sara Levy

Nov 20, 2014, 6:28:01 AM11/20/14
to author-...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much, Yehuda! That works very well and also means I can have manual line breaks between the lines and hence a border around each of my code samples.