Can Author-it do Page Number Only Cross References without Text?

Sara Levy

Dec 10, 2013, 4:35:00 AM12/10/13
to author-...@googlegroups.com
Customer asked to put a workflow in a table with a column headed "Page" and display page number cross references in that column. I think I would have to have some text, such as "on page" for each page number in order to be able to place a link in the text. Am I right? Just checking.

mir...@tech-tav.com

Dec 10, 2013, 4:50:19 AM12/10/13
to author-...@googlegroups.com
It can be done using APMacros for each output. And they would need a different link template so the APMs could understand them...

But wait, there are no page numbers in help....they really want that for PDFs?

Miriam

Sent from my HTC

Sara Levy

Dec 10, 2013, 4:52:57 AM12/10/13
to author-...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I know I would have to figure something out for the help. Wanted to check if it was possible first. I don;t know what APMacros are. Is it a big dealt to do it?

Sara Levy

Dec 10, 2013, 4:53:46 AM12/10/13
to author-...@googlegroups.com
(I think I'll suggest something else anyway. I just want to know if I can do it if they don't liek the alternative.)