Variables Set per Topic and Per Book

Sara Levy

Apr 3, 2014, 3:31:50 AM4/3/14
to author-...@googlegroups.com
Can I get variables set per topic to override variables set per book? (If so, how?)

Thanks

Sara Levy

Apr 3, 2014, 3:36:11 AM4/3/14
to author-...@googlegroups.com
(I see that the knowledge center says this is default behavior, but it isn't working that way for my book. If anyone has any ideas why it might not be working, please let me know. Quoteing the KC: "The order of precedence for resolving values is Topic object followed by Book object; if there are no assignments, the default value is used.")

יהודה ראק

Apr 3, 2014, 4:08:37 AM4/3/14
to author-...@googlegroups.com
Maybe you're using a sub-book? Unfortunately variables aren't resolved for sub-books at all.

Sara Levy

Apr 3, 2014, 4:11:53 AM4/3/14
to author-...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I am! I thought it was just supposed to ignore the sub-book setting and not the topic setting. The knowledge center says:

"When a variable is assigned to a Book object, and that Book object is then used as a sub book (a Book within a Book) the variable assignments are ignored and only those applied at the Topic level, or to the Master Book, will be resolved during publishing."

(bolding is mine)

Is this fictional documentation? :(

יהודה ראק

Apr 3, 2014, 4:18:42 AM4/3/14
to author-...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, I thought (mistakenly) your problem was that it wasn't being resolved for the book. The topic should override.