regarding whitebox_tools

shawkat sohel

Jun 4, 2024, 2:42:29 AMJun 4
to QGIS Australia User Group
Hi Everyone,
Sohel from UniSC. Need help regarding Whitebox tool in QGIS. I installed it from Orfeo toolbox to use Random forest regression from machine learning options. After loading all my data, when I tried to run the model,  I got the following error:

"Process "whitebox_tools" failed to start. Either "whitebox_tools" is missing, or you may have insufficient permissions to run the program.

Execution failed after 0.04 seconds"

Since I don't have license for WbW Pro, I had to use Whitebox tool.

Can you please help me to solve the problem?

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Sohel

box...@iinet.net.au

Jun 4, 2024, 3:45:35 AMJun 4
to australian-qg...@googlegroups.com

Hi Sohel,

Can you see your Whitebox Tools and the OTB in your processing toolbox? Maybe the tool you are trying to use is only in the Pro version?

Cheers Grant

shawkat sohel

Jun 4, 2024, 8:12:20 PMJun 4
to australian-qg...@googlegroups.com
Hi Grant,
Yes. I can see them in the processing tool box. We probably need to purchase the extensions https://www.whiteboxgeo.com/extension-pricing/

Is there any free version of this extension?

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Sohel

John Bryant

Jun 4, 2024, 9:09:15 PMJun 4
to australian-qg...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sohel, there's definitely a great free version available, you can get it here: https://www.whiteboxgeo.com/download-whiteboxtools/

In QGIS, install the WhiteboxTools plugin and point it to the extension in Settings > Options > Processing tab > Providers, eg:

image.png

Cheers
John

shawkat sohel

Jun 4, 2024, 9:31:10 PMJun 4
to australian-qg...@googlegroups.com
Hi John,
I already tried this and got an error regarding not having a proper license. Below I am showing the error:

thread 'main' panicked at whitebox-tools-app\src\main.rs:72:21:
Invalid license:
This tool is part of a Whitebox extension product
and there is a missing license. Please contact
Whitebox Geospatial Inc. (sup...@whiteboxgeo.com) to obtain
a valid license key.
note: run with `RUST_BACKTRACE=1` environment variable to display a backtrace

Process returned error code 101

Thanks.

Kind regards,
Sohel

error1.PNG

Emma Hain

Jun 17, 2024, 6:40:27 PM (9 days ago) Jun 17
to QGIS Australia User Group
It appears that this is a tool in the Whitebox Extension Toolset, which is a paid version of the tool.