Reusable stylings on my map's Line (tracks)?

David Sidwell

May 1, 2024, 3:22:00 AMMay 1
to QGIS Australia User Group
Hi all,
I did a fun local urban hike this morning and have shared the logs with a local FB group (below).  Is there any way for me to save the 'stylings' of a line (colour etc) and it's label (distance) as some sort of reusable item?  I'm avoiding template as that has a specific meaning. Thanks.

ss.20240501_171516_(1)_Facebook_—_Mozilla_Firefox.png

Emma Hain

May 1, 2024, 3:28:48 AMMay 1
to QGIS Australia User Group
Yes. You can save it in the later style panel and tag it with a name such as 'hike'. This will be saved to your user settings in the style manager.

Emma Hain

May 1, 2024, 6:38:17 PMMay 1
to QGIS Australia User Group
Now I am home, here is the instruction to do above:
Save a layer’s style for future use

Create the style

Save symbology by clicking on Save Symbol - choose whether it will stay with the project style or default. Note, if you chose Project Style, they won’t be available in the default unless you copy them over..

Save label by clicking Save Settings

These are then saved in the Style Manager

To import them into default styles, select the items, right mouse click and select Copy selection to default styles

David Sidwell

May 2, 2024, 12:12:01 AMMay 2
to australian-qg...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much for both replies. Tried it this morning and it works very well.

David Sidwell

 Senior Technical Writer
   Williamstown, Victoria, Australia
   M: 0438 397 822

   https://sidwell.id.au/
   Sometimes blogging about Music, Science, Movies, Hiking, History, Technology, TV...

[sent from iPad]

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "QGIS Australia User Group" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/australian-qgis-user-group/d251d21a-b752-4038-b78c-3d078cb59681n%40googlegroups.com.