Which GDA 2020

michae...@gmail.com

Jan 19, 2022, 4:43:00 AM1/19/22
to QGIS Australia User Group
Hi,
looks like GDA2020 is starting to become required in WA.
I thought I'd try submitting my latest Mining Proposal in GDA2020, Lat Long, but was stumped when I went to apply the CRS and found there are 4 different CRS listed for GDA2020 under geograpic coordinate systems.
EPSG7844
EPSG7843
EPSG9462
EPSG9463

They all seem to have the same properties, usage and scope in QGIS.  I think they may have different vertical properties?  Since I'm submitting a 2D shapefile maybe I can use any of them?

I can find lots of detailed discussion and information on GDA2020 online, but couldn't work out which of these CRS I should use for a government submission.

Does anyone have a good reference on what the difference between this is and where they should be used?

John Bryant

Jan 19, 2022, 7:46:08 PM1/19/22
to QGIS Australia User Group
I'm also interested to hear more about this. My understanding is that 7843 is 3D and 7844 is 2D but it would be good to know more.

For DMIRS submissions I've been using either 7844, or the MGA projections (eg GDA2020/MGA Zone 51 == EPSG:7851).