CRS 28355

bi...@williamson.fm

May 5, 2024, 7:37:47 PMMay 5
to QGIS Australia User Group
Anyone have trouble reprojecting layers in CRS 28355 to anything else via QGIS?
I've tried just now and doesn't do anything sensible.

It might also explain some strange behaviour over the years.

QGIS version
3.36.0-Maidenhead
QGIS code revision
09951dc0
Qt version
5.15.3
Python version
3.9.18
GDAL/OGR version
3.8.4
PROJ version
9.3.1
EPSG Registry database version
v10.098 (2023-11-24)
GEOS version
3.12.1-CAPI-1.18.1
SQLite version
3.41.1
PDAL version
2.6.0

Adam Steer

May 5, 2024, 9:13:20 PMMay 5
to australian-qg...@googlegroups.com
Not here - 28355 -> anything has always hed expected results for me.

Have you got more details about why it doesn't make any sense for your usage?

Thanks,

Adam

Grant Boxer

May 5, 2024, 10:08:17 PMMay 5
to australian-qg...@googlegroups.com

I have been getting some display problems when loading satellite imagery in different projections with images not displaying. Requires me to change the map projection to the image projection. Not sure if this is related.

Cheers Grant

Bill Williamson

May 6, 2024, 6:25:14 PMMay 6
to australian-qg...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your thoughts,

I don't really have any other clues. I'm presuming that EPSG is pretty niche to Aus.

Reprojecting / transform in Postgis works as expected with the same layer.

Ta