QGIS Grant Voting - 2021

Andrew Jeffrey

Apr 8, 2021, 7:37:22 PM4/8/21
to Australian and New Zealand QGIS User Group
Hi All,

The QGIS grant funding is open for voting and as a registered user group we get to have a vote on where the grants get spent. We need to submit our response back to the project by the 23rd April, and I will cast our vote based on our group's majority.

The QGIS enhancement proposals are listed in this document - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mQeiuVpFQNhAvoQ1LAllVhYNQM1GfxYDfvqqCGyulR8/edit

You can cast your vote via this form which I will use to form our vote - https://forms.gle/F9nc7wEaZ9PQFTV87

Thanks
Andrew

John Bryant

Apr 9, 2021, 7:40:03 PM4/9/21
to QGIS Australia User Group
Thanks Andrew!

Bill Williamson

Apr 11, 2021, 2:43:14 AM4/11/21
to australian-qg...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Andrew, nice and straight forward, done.

Andrew Jeffrey

Apr 21, 2021, 6:08:12 PM4/21/21
to QGIS Australia User Group
Hi all,

If you haven't already and you still want to vote in the QGIS grant funding enhancements today is the last day. I will leave the voting form open until 5pm AEST, after this I will submit our groups vote in the majority of what we receive.

How the voting looks so far.
votes.png
Thanks
Andrew

Edoardo Neerhut

May 19, 2021, 8:41:06 PM5/19/21
to QGIS Australia User Group
Hi all,

I wanted to propose an idea discussed in the the OSGeo Oceania finance meeting that could have relevance here.

Perhaps some of the proposals that missed out could be funded by the community to a certain amount, with OSGeo Oceania matching the community funding to a certain amount.
If this is appealing, we can discuss the details further.

Cheers,

Ed

John Bryant

May 19, 2021, 10:14:13 PM5/19/21
to QGIS Australia User Group
Really interesting idea, and very exciting that OSGeo Oceania is interested in investing in QGIS. I'll raise it with the QGIS SIG to see if there's anything we can do to help.

Andrew Jeffrey

May 19, 2021, 10:57:44 PM5/19/21
to Australian and New Zealand QGIS User Group
Hi Ed,

Welcome! Thanks for joining the list and reaching out.

We've had a couple of discussions here about OSGeo Oceania and the development of the QGIS Special Interest Group within - so it's great to have you involved and to know that OSGeo Oceania is interested as John mentioned.

Just in case you're not aware, there is a really good cross section of QGIS users on this list from hobbyists, private industry, geologists, academics, agriculture, government and many more all with great ideas on how to use QGIS and improve our regional QGIS scene. We also have some very active users in WA who meetup on a semi-regular basis and talk QGIS.

To your point about OSGeo Oceania and matching community funding that's a great offer. I'd encourage all users on this list to bring up anything regarding funding or any barriers they have where funding is an issue in their use of QGIS. These are the kind of barriers the QGIS SIG is trying to lower, however with Eds offer of assistance from the OSGeo Oceania organisation this could really help get the ball rolling and show the benefit of this kind of community support.

So while we have Ed's ear - think about  "What improvement to QGIS could benefit Oceania users?"  and if you have any suggestions shoot it through and we can discuss.

Thanks again Ed,

Andrew

Edoardo Neerhut

May 20, 2021, 10:00:37 PM5/20/21
to QGIS Australia User Group
Thanks for the welcome Andrew.

This idea is very much from the board, I'm just sharing it here on their behalf. I wish I'd thought of it!
I use QGIS almost daily myself so it's great to finally give the QGIS Oceania mailing list a closer look.

If anyone out there has ideas that you feel have been limited due to funding, please speak up and OSGeo Oceania can see how we support. This could be explicit development work for much needed features, training workshops, or promotional materials.

Looking forward to hearing your ideas.

Ed

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "QGIS Australia User Group" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/australian-qgis-user-group/CADTxF6buRirgT%2B7darn_aK4%2BVZQBRh4zw4LJZ0E5ChMvx5oOCg%40mail.gmail.com.