How to add new members into the QGIS user group?

Alexis Qiao

Apr 21, 2022, 1:41:10 AM4/21/22
to QGIS Australia User Group, sharyn....@shellharbour.nsw.gov.au
Hi, QGIS Australia User Group:

I've got a question, could someone please point me to the right direction of how to add my college into this group?

I have copied her into this email.

Thanks very much!

Andrew Jeffrey

May 24, 2022, 11:20:43 PM5/24/22
to QGIS Australia User Group
Hi Alexis,

Apologies for the delay in responding to this email.

If you ask your colleague to:
  1. go to the groups home URL - https://groups.google.com/g/australian-qgis-user-group
  2. Sign in with a google account
  3. There should be an option to request to join the group
  4. The admins will get an email notifying that someone wants to join and we'll let them in.
We used to have the group open without authentication but it opened us to spammers and nasty emails. There are currently no pending member requests and unfortunately I have kept a close eye on the emails the past month...sorry!

Looking forward to your colleague joining up!

Thanks
Andrew