Tips on simple routing in NSW

bi...@williamson.fm

May 22, 2024, 3:32:42 AMMay 22
to QGIS Australia User Group
Would anyone have any tips on routing studies in NSW? Country roads.

but I'm just keen to know;
 - which road layer is easy to work with (road centreline or polygon or go with OSM)
 - QGIS desktop or PostGIS
 - use the Google API ?

Use case, with a bunch of points intersecting the roads, lets say road closure points, what roads are affected in the network, out to a nominal distance (beyond which the road users probably go the other way anyhow).

And an afterthought, any traffic data for country NSW?? Below is what I have seen for cities / highways.

I note these sources;
road corridor

Travel Zones (too coarse)

Traffic Counts (not relevant to country roads)

Pedro Camargo

May 22, 2024, 3:37:07 AMMay 22
to australian-qg...@googlegroups.com
What exactly are you looking for?

We have built a model for the entirety of the country based on OSM and including all roads and done a few transportation studies with it.

We used AequilibraE for such (disclosure, I'm the creator of it) and it worked remarkably well.
Feel free to reach out to pe...@outerloop.io

Cheers,
Pedro

---- On Wed, 22 May 2024 02:32:42 -0500 bi...@williamson.fm wrote ----