2022 activity

Emma Hain

Jan 21, 2022, 2:30:35 AM1/21/22
to QGIS Australia User Group
Hi All
I want to get the  rolling about our activity this year.

1) Presence at Conferences/Event
Can we identify which events we want to have a presence at and how do we manifest it.
- georabbles: perhaps work on a  group presentation that can be used around or at least some key messages to get out there.
- Locate: Canberra 24-26 May  Let's get some great examples of use in presentations. I can rehash my corporate one and get some input from some of the other companies/govt dept who have adapted it. Also some tech talk that utilises qgis. Maybe some training sessions as well? I'd be happy to sit in a booth

2) who's up for establishing an annual QGIS trip. Thinking like what they do in Denmark. Bit of a stretch I know at the moment. I know of some venues in Gippsland or Sunshine coast.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers
Em

Bill Williamson

Jan 21, 2022, 3:36:58 PM1/21/22
to australian-qg...@googlegroups.com
Hello Emma,

good to get the conversation going, I see proposals for Locate are due at the end of the month https://locateconference.com/submissions/call-for-hub-ideas/

Ia...@jcis.net.au

Jan 23, 2022, 3:42:52 AM1/23/22
to australian-qg...@googlegroups.com

Em,

I am not a big fan of Locate – far too expensive to attend and all the neat toys are out of my financial reach. But I can see the advantage of getting something out there among the surveyors as all that is ever promoted are commercial offerings.

For those who are using QGIS for archaeology, history and heritage – there is National Archaeology Week in mid-May, History week in September and 1 April – 31 May 2022 is the Australian Heritage Festival. As I have links to all three I am happy to help organise anything.

I was also thinking that there was a space for an archaeology /heritage QGIS users occasional meet up to discuss matters of mutual interest and share knowhow about QGIS. My initial thought was FtF in a suitable venue but maybe virtual has its advantages using the wonder me platform.

Cheers

Dr Iain Stuart

JCIS Consultants

P.O. Box 2397

Burwood North

NSW, 2134

(02) 9701 0191
(0413) 380116 (m)

Emma Hain

Jan 23, 2022, 4:25:26 PM1/23/22
to QGIS Australia User Group
Hi All
Good point Iain in regards to expense.
Is anyone going there already that wants to represent?
Very close cut off times as well I note. Do we think that it  would be hard to organise something within that timeline?

Cheers
Em

Jonah Sullivan

Jan 23, 2022, 4:28:44 PM1/23/22
to australian-qg...@googlegroups.com
I'm in Canberra. I think I'm going to be presenting about data standards anyway.

I could deliver a presentation but I'm going to need some help with the content.