Telstra DWF files from DBYD

Thomas Sounness

May 30, 2024, 8:56:54 PMMay 30
to QGIS Australia User Group
Hi,

Has anyone had success at importing Telstra's DWF files into a QGIS project? If so, what's your workflow? Thanks in advance.,

Michael Cushen

Jun 3, 2024, 8:27:51 PMJun 3
to australian-qg...@googlegroups.com
Hi Thomas,

I have successfully imported via dwg to gpkg in QGIS following the following workflow:
https://gis.stackexchange.com/a/265968/10661
i.e. Project > DWG/DXF-import

I have no experience directly with Telstra .dwg data however I imagine it should also work for that data as well.

Cheers,
Michael

Emma Hain

Jun 3, 2024, 9:12:16 PMJun 3
to australian-qg...@googlegroups.com
Heya
Have you tried this workflow as well to add it as a rest server?

I also see some councils have it as a mapserver like Dubbo but still available as a wfs.

Cheers
Em

--
Emma Hain — Product Manager/Senior GIS Analyst
em...@north-road.com

north-road.com

ia...@jcis.net.au

Jun 3, 2024, 9:18:01 PMJun 3
to australian-qg...@googlegroups.com

Actually, for the small areas Archaeologists use DBYD for we usually get plans as well which I convert to JPGs and georeference them. It seems quicker than trying to work out why you DFX is in the Pacific.

Cheers Iain

North Road
Cartography • Development • Spatial Analysis

north-road.com

Slade Beard

Jun 3, 2024, 9:28:54 PMJun 3
to QGIS Australia User Group
I have used this workflow on very large DBYD datasets. It holds up just fine. However, once it starts .. go for a walk... have a cuppa. It takes a while to complete.

Emma Hain

Jun 3, 2024, 9:30:12 PMJun 3
to australian-qg...@googlegroups.com
Oh no - that's awful to hear

Emma Hain — Product Manager/Senior GIS Analyst
em...@north-road.com
https://north-road.com

Thomas Sounness

Jun 12, 2024, 1:47:38 AMJun 12
to australian-qg...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for that. I had a go at it last week and it was, probably my fault more than the instructions, confusing. Will take notice of the delay that it can generate. Thanks. Appreciate the helpful feedback. Thomas

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "QGIS Australia User Group" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/australian-qgis-user-group/CACGKw0bginh%3D6Z4C7fp4BvyBHzEqgOdcQP2F60uJ_X%3D8oSm8gQ%40mail.gmail.com.