ecovillage

Debra Rodrigues

Nov 22, 2009, 9:56:18 PM11/22/09
to australian-...@googlegroups.com

Hello all, and in particular Pheobe, Leo and Stew. I am Debra Rodrigues, its been a while since I posted but we have been absolutely busy going over and over our financials regarding the economic viability of turning our Wrenwood EcoVillage development into a CLT. Great to hear from other ecovillage people. We are not for profit and our company articles have on the onset stipulated affordability and more challengingly access to homeownership to low to medium income households. We are not up to the lease arrangements yet. We are looking at title issues and our lawyer is looking at a tiered multi title system, torrens under Neighbourhood subdivision for land and then strata for improvements. Our village is a proposed medium density urban development. It has been DA approved for 21 households, school and community centre with composting toilets, greywater recycling, car share, on-site electrical production etc in a standard residential area. There is a strong commitment in the company to converting to a CLT. In regards to maintaining sustainability goals in perpetuity, we have looked to our management statement or community by laws and put a lot of our sustainability and lifestyle goals in concrete in the sections of the bylaws that cannot be changed unless by unanimous vote. We are happy to share this document with anyone if it will be of help. The biggest issue for us is getting finance for people on income support and we are working on strategies relating to loan to value ratios to help them be more appealing to banks. I look forward to sharing with you, Debra

distil...@gmail.com

Apr 9, 2019, 11:27:36 PM4/9/19
to Australian CLT Network