Re: [Australian-CLT-Network] Digest for australian-clt-network@googlegroups.com - 1 update in 1 topic

Shane Sylvanspring

Nov 2, 2016, 12:51:53 AM11/2/16
to australian-...@googlegroups.com
Thankyou for this information

We are planning to setup as CLT as part of the Bruns Ecovillage www.brunsecovillage.com.au

Cheers

Shane Sylvanspring
Ecovillage Design and Town Planning

M: 0412119073

www.planningsustainablesolutions.com

On Thursday, 27 October 2016, 22:37, "australian-...@googlegroups.com" <australian-...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Gary Flomenhoft <Gary...@uvm.edu>: Oct 25 06:16AM

Dear Friends of Community Land Trusts,

Sorry for the long delay, but we've been working hard at it for the past year. Our last request to you was to find a solicitor to rewrite the CLT legal documents for Australia. We appreciated all your suggestions. Thanks to numerous recommendations we were able to connect with the Queensland Public Interest Law Clearing House Inc: http://www.qpilch.org.au/

<http://www.qpilch.org.au/>

Due to a brilliant application by Andrew Paul, they put us in touch with an international legal firm which worked pro bono. They took the CLT documents that Andrew and I adapted over a period of months from US sources into Australian legal language and requirements. As a result our banking partner approved them recently for use in financing CLT resident mortgages. We feel that this has been the missing link.

I recently attended the National CLT conference in the US and received substantial training on shared equity CLTs and organizational financing and sustainability:

http://groundedsolutions.org/conference/intersections-2016/

<http://groundedsolutions.org/conference/intersections-2016/>

Andrew Paul and I are offering our services to the housing community as consultants to help set up CLTs in Australia. We have a new website at:

http://communitylandtrust.com.au/

It will be updated with pages for Government, CHPs, Banks, and Households in the near future.

We would like to get this information out to any communities that have been in the process of forming CLTs in Australia (or NZ), and provide the services they need to move forward. If you have the contact info for these nascent CLTs please pass it on. We look forward to hearing from you and getting some CLTs off the ground in the near future!

Sincerely,

Gary Flomenhoft

CLT Associates

________________________________
From: "Olenka Motyka" <len...@gmail.com<mailto:len...@gmail.com>>
Date: 25/11/2015 1:04 PM
To: "Andrew Goodwin" <andrew.r...@gmail.com<mailto:andrew.r...@gmail.com>>

Hi Andy,

My boss suggests they approach Justice Connect which had a Not For Profit service which connects not for profit organizations with pro bono legal services. It might be best if the Australian CLT network approaches as an organization, rather than an individual with the query.

Hope that helps.

Olenka

On 23 Nov 2015, at 8:19 PM, Andrew Goodwin <andrew.r...@gmail.com<mailto:andrew.r...@gmail.com>> wrote:

Hi olenka,

As below, some random is looking for a solicitor type to change some language from American legalese to Australian legalese for a shared equity contract for use in a community land trust.

I think community land trusts are the bomb (hence why im on the mailing list) and am wondering if you know someone who might be able to help through your networks? Is it the kind of thing that might get picked up through community legal support? Or could your work give a cut price quote?

Anyway, please forward on or keen to chat otherwise.

Thanks
Andrew

Nov 2, 2016, 9:21:12 PM11/2/16
to australian-...@googlegroups.com

Shane,

Thank you for the info.  May we list Bruns Ecovillage as a start up CLT to facilitate networking?  links are at:

http://communitylandtrust.com.au/index.php/links/

Gary