ALOCASIA propagation

Michael Pascall

Apr 1, 2008, 4:33:53 AM4/1/08
to australian-a...@googlegroups.com

Just had a visitor tour my garden today , mainly to learn a bit about his new interest in larger Bromeliads ,

 he recognized my clump of Polly straight away and we got a leaf from my neighbours clump of amazonica .

It is noticeably different and I suppose you are correct Brid, in saying it is not amazonica , but really they are the same hybrid ..

Do you have Alocasia boa ? what was called Schizocasia Frenchville back in the old days ??

Very impressive plant when mature with stems over 1m high .. I have some photos I must try and find and scan .

They eventually rotted and collapsed but I got several plants to sprout from the eyes along the trunk ..

they seem to persist when the rest of the stem just rots away .

Done this with New Guinea Gold also .. had trunks way over 1m high fall over and root again along the trunk .

This pictured clump was growing in the rubbish tip on the farm I worked at for many years ago .

It must have been suspended many meters above the ground just growing in decomposing Heliconia leaves .

Michael Pascall

boa-GO.jpg
Img_1432.jpg