Amorphophallus salmoneus flowering .

Michael Pascall

Sep 30, 2008, 5:15:15 AM9/30/08
to australian-a...@googlegroups.com

The back yard is very smelly at the moment . Several Dracontiums in flower and a few Amorphophallus .

All of the Am. prainii decided to flower , very strange as it flowered last year , then divided into 3 tubers .

I will have to try and pollinate , as this is a very nice form , almost like brushed aluminum .

This is the second  time I have flowered Am. salmoneus , I mixed it up with Am. palawanensis .

 I cut off several eyes off the largest tuber , and hope that some of them grow .

It has a plain green petiole and a strong fragrance .

A few of the Am.paeoniiflolius are flowering . Amazing growth for these in the ground .

2 years from very small tubers to flowering , not to bad , and no loses to rot even with meters of rain .

Michael Pascall

salmoneus.JPG
habit.jpg