Aunty stuffs up ! Gardening Australia has wrong name .

aroideana

Oct 12, 2008, 9:32:59 AM10/12/08
to Australian Aroid Growers
Could not believe that such an enormous distinctive plant could be
shown on a national TV show and be given an incorrect name !
Well at least they knew it was an aroid , but to call a 4m Dracontium
gigas an Arisaema dracontium [ it only grows to under 1m ] .
MAny of my Dracontiums are sprouting , a new species , I just got has
a very attractive coloured petiole .. pinks and greens instead of the
browns and maroons . Lovely looking , may be Dracontium peruvianum . A
hybrid I did a few years ago has flowerd as well .

The large clumps of Alocasias planted out the front are flowering like
mad .
I have done a few cross pollinations , putting pollen from portei onto
both American hybrids calidora and portodora .
I also have several more selfings of seed on the large Alocasia x
calidora .. I will send seed to anyone who could be bothered actually
posting on this groups site .. at least 100 words please .
I have one batch of seeds ready to send now , and there are a few more
coming .

I will continue to use the blog I started ages ago , its easier to
post pictures to than this group .
Must pot up another big batch of Amorphophallus that I have stored in
paper bags under my bed .