Alocasia Moresby new name for the hybrid ..

Michael Pascall

May 19, 2008, 5:58:39 AM5/19/08
to australian-a...@googlegroups.com

Its about time some of the hybrid Alocasias being grown and traded here had a name .. I just spoke to the breeder of this plant ,

and he did not like the idea of it being named after him , so suggested it be named after the little town he lives in ..

So finally the cross of Alocasia micholitzii and longiloba has a name ..

Here is a picture of a few being grown north of Mossman . A mature plant should get to over 1m according to Greg .

I will try and get a good picture of one to show the size . This picture shows the great colouration .

Michael Pascall

IMG_4680.JPG