Fwd: [nh-announce] 17 February 2022 -- Natural Hazards Updates

1 view

Gavin O'Brien

Feb 17, 2022, 6:33:06 PM2/17/22
to aust...@googlegroups.com

Tonga Volcanic eruption. Remarkable facts!
Thought You might be interested .

Gavin
Feb 18, 2022, 9:06:59 PM2/18/22
to aust...@googlegroups.com

More than 400,000 lightning strokes within 6hrs detected by Vaisala’s network too with 60% being cloud to ground strikes.

There were spectacular sunsets and sunrises in various parts of Australia in recent days with the ash clearly visible upstairs, including here with remarkable purple and pink hues, and a glowing noctilucent cloud type of appearance to the ash.

Ken.

Gavin O'Brien

Feb 19, 2022, 2:37:49 AM2/19/22
to aust...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ken,
We have also observed quite red sun rises and settings over the past week or so.I don't think they are as spectacular as the Mt Pinatubo eruption effects .I assume that the much lower sulfates in the Tonga eruption may be the reason.
Cheers

Gavin, Gilmore ACT

Ken Kato

Feb 19, 2022, 4:47:04 PM2/19/22