Residential Property Investment - Financial Model

adhi...@gmail.com

Oct 23, 2007, 11:52:47 PM10/23/07
to AUST Value Investing
Folks,
Check out financial model for property investment at
http://groups.google.com/group/austinvesting/files?upload=1

Please let me know if there is inaccuracies so I can improve.

Regards,
Adhit

Aji Widhiwijaya

Oct 28, 2007, 9:00:00 PM10/28/07
to austin...@googlegroups.com
All,

Managed to play around with the spreadsheet and investigate various parameters included..  Wow, I'm amazed! It's quite neat ..
and more importantly how it compares the cash flow between the two investment choices over the years.
I will spend more time playing with it over the coming weeks

Also, I believe I do have some questions in regards to various assumptions made.I will post my questions in the forum once I list them all..

I can think of one possible expansion to the spreadsheet ie. the amount we have to pay for our current rental accomodation..

Aji Widhiwijaya

Oct 28, 2007, 10:30:41 PM10/28/07
to austin...@googlegroups.com
Hang on.. somethinw wrong correct my last assumption regarding: "the amount we have to pay for our current rental accomodation"
In both scenarios, we have to pay rent anyway... ;)

Adhitya G.

Oct 29, 2007, 5:36:48 PM10/29/07
to austin...@googlegroups.com
Happy that you start using it. This was developed when I was with PwC with couple of other colleague.
Darwin's sheet is also a good input because I'm not converse with the latest in negative gearing.

Now with investment tactic:
You will notice that if the deposit is only 100K and if we assume higher inflation+capital gain, the investment property will beat cash in approx 6-8 years. Nevertheless this remain inferior to shares that has surged 25% pa in the past three-four years...

Regards,
Adhitya

Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 13:30:41 +1100
From: aji.wid...@gmail.com