URGENT UPDATE - New Speakers for December Mtg, Holiday Party, & Candidates needing your help!

AustinLiberator

Dec 6, 2023, 11:13:36 AM12/6/23
to AustinLiberator

FREEDOM TED VS. FREAKY TED: THE RACE IS ON!!

TED BROWN for U. S. SENATOR

Ted Brown, Chairman of the Libertarian Party of Travis County, had announced his candidacy to run for U. S. Senator from Texas in 2024. The incumbent is Republican Ted Cruz, who is becoming more authoritarian every day. The likely Democrat is Rep. Colin Allred, who would faint if he had to read an economics book. This is a high-profile race that needs a Libertarian candidate to promote personal freedom, economic freedom, and a non-interventionist foreign policy, or else these ideas won’t be heard by Texas voters. Ted is an experienced candidate who has run for statewide office before and has a track record promoting Libertarian ideas. This race will likely be second biggest race in the country (after President) to have a Libertarian candidate on the November 2024 ballot.

Texas Republicans really don’t want Libertarians to run for office, so they have imposed large filing fees in order for us to get on the ballot. The highest fee of all is $5,000 for U. S. Senator, since it is such a high-level race. Ted has raised $1,837 so far. Please make a contribution of $25, $50, $100, $500, up to the legal limit of $3,300, towards this very important race.

https://tedbrown.org/donate

DONATE TO DAVID ROBERSON'S SUPREME COURT CAMPAIGN!

David, a Baylor University & South Texas College of Law graduate, is a politically active Austin attorney and a dedicated Libertarian activist, serving as the Secretary of the Libertarian Party of Travis County, a Legislative Liaison for the Libertarian Party of Texas, and has supported the Libertarian National Party on the By Laws & Rules Committee as an alternate. During the 2022 cycle, David ran for state representative in Texas’ District 49, covering his full $750 filing fee personally. Now, he's stepping up to run for the Texas Supreme Court - a critical position for maintaining Libertarian ballot access in Texas. Historically, statewide court candidates have played a pivotal role in securing this access.

In this position, David will have the opportunity to review and render judgment on legal issues concerning individual freedom of expression, association, and use of private property. He will be responsible to adjudicate matters presented through the lens of individual liberty as derived from the Bill of Rights, and the core principles of American tradition.

Due to the Texas House passing SB 994 in 2023, the Secretary of State is now empowered to prevent David from even being on the ballot for election in 2024 unless he pays a filing fee of $3,750. Not to be dismayed, David has already raised $1,850 of this fee, including a substantial contribution of his own, with the goal of filing his application with the State of Texas by December 11, 2023, the deadline. Please consider donating towards David’s filing fee, and his campaign, in whatever amount you are able and willing via the link below:

Libertarian Booster PAC

LIBERTARIAN CANDIDATES NEEDED IN TRAVIS COUNTY

Libertarian candidates are needed in Travis County. While two of our statewide candidates, Ted Brown and David Roberson, are Travis residents, only two local districts have candidates so far - Daniel McCarthy for State House, District 48, and Girish Altekar in the 37th Congressional District. We have some interest in the other congressional races, but no one else has expressed an interest in state and county offices.
Available races are State Senator, District 14; State House, Districts 46, 47, 49, 50, and 51; two County Commission seats; County Tax Assessor-Collector; Sheriff; District Attorney; and County Attorney. Are you interested? Please send an email at tbr...@lptexas.org so we can discuss what's involved. the filing deadline is coming up soon.

LP TRAVIS WELCOMES HAWK DUNLAP AND
OTHER CANDIDATES FOR DECEMBER 11 MEETING

The Monday, December 11, monthly meeting of the Libertarian Party of Travis County falls on the filing deadline for Texas candidates, so a lot of candidates will be in town. Our special guest will be Hawk Dunlap, who will be running for Railroad Commissioner. Other Libertarian candidates have been invited, and we of course have our local candidates as well (see related article). We also expect LPTexas Chair Whitney Bilyeu to join us.

Date: Monday, December 11, 2023

Time: 6;45 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.

Location: Casa Chapala, 9041 Research Blvd. in Austin (near 183 & Burnet)

CANDIDATE FOR LIBERTARIAN PRESIDENTIAL NOMINEE, CHASE OLIVER ATTENDING LPTRAVIS HOLIDAY PARTY!

We are privileged to host Chase Oliver, Libertarian Presidential Nominee Candidate on December 9th at El Arroyo in conjunction with the LPTravis Holiday Party! Mr. Oliver has gained national attention for obtaining several percentage points in the Georgia Senate race, and forcing a runoff. Please bring your questions and concerns to discuss with him, and be informed on his positions as we lead up to the National Convention and presidential nomination.

404282565_10108614275065603_3650965534123202493_n.jpg

Event page & tickets here: LPTravis Christmas Party
Tickets may also be purchased ($25/person) via Paypal @LPTravistx

CANDIDATE FILING DEADLINE - December 11, 2023
If you choose to run for any of the State House, State Senate, US House, or any other races for 2024, you must file your information, and name your Campaign Treasurer on or before December 11, 2023.

Please email Ted Brown via Candidate Coordinator for information, troubleshooting and advice. Additionally, LPTexas Chair Whitney Bilyeu will be in Austin at the Secretary of State's office to facilitate filing

GET YOUR EVENT/TOPIC IN THE LIBERATOR!

If anyone has something they'd like to shar with the group, an event, a topic of discussion, or otherwise, please email LPTravis Secretary and Austin Liberator Editor, David Roberson at david.ro...@gmail.com.

In Liberty,

J, David Roberson
Editor-in-Chief