Post Labor Day Reminders - Next Meeting - Scott Horton, Spike Cohen in Gatesville (10/28)

AustinLiberator

Sep 5, 2023, 10:38:21 AM9/5/23
to AustinLiberator

Austin Liberator

The newsletter of the Libertarian Party of Travis County (LPTravis)

NEXT MEETING - Remember 9/11. LPTravis is hosting Mr. Scott Horton to speak on "Intervention & Blowback in the Middle East, Russia, and China."

Read more here: LPTravis Article

Invite friends and liberty-minded folks here: Facebook Event

LPTravis Monthly Meeting

Monday, September 11

6:45pm - 9:00pm

Casa Chapala, 9041 Research Blvd., Austin

LPTravis has also reached out to the VFW HQ here in Austin, and extended an invitation to their membership to join.

Be a Libertarian CandidateIt’s hard to believe, but paperwork deadlines will arrive in December for candidates wishing to run in the 2024 election. Our LPTravis chair, Ted Brown, is one of LPTexas' Candidate Coordinators. Write to him at candi...@lptexas.org

  • LPTravis Vice Chair Dan McCarthy will be running for District 48, State House
  • LPTravis Secretary David Roberson will be running for Texas Supreme Court, Place 2

From LPTexas: “The filing period starts in November, but now is the time to figure out what office you'll be running for. We have Candidate Coordinators on hand who will be happy to help you look at the races coming up, who we can expect your opponent(s) to be, and other critical decision making aspects.

“Filling out our candidate interest form will let our Candidate Coordinators know to reach out to you. If you'd like to support campaigns and candidates, you can volunteer here and our Volunteer Coordinator will reach out to you to help find a place you can start. Both our Candidate and Volunteer Coordinators can be contacted directly here.”

Donate to Libertarian Booster PAC. Run by Wes Benedict, this PAC focuses on raising funds to pay the filing fees for Libertarian candidates. As you may know, the Legislature recently passed a bill which allows Secretary of State to refuse to place a candidate on the ballot and/or arbitrarily remove a candidate if the filing fee is not paid. As such, raising filing fee funds is crucial this cycle. You can learn about Mr. Benedict's PAC here.

To donate directly to David Roberson's Supreme Court filing fee ($3,750 total required), please do so HERE

Convention Dates & Locations

Travis County Precinct Convention: Marhc 12, 2024 (TBD)

Travis County County Convention: March 16, 2024 (State Capitol or Pioneer Farms)

LPTexas Convention: April 12-14, 2024 (Corpus Christi)

LPNational Convention: May 24-27, 2024 (Washington, D.C.)

Area Events of Interest:

Tuesday, September 5Young Austin Libertarians/Independents 7:00 pm Hi Sign Brewing Happy Hour, 730 Shady Lane, Austin

Wednesday September 6: Texas NORML Livestream 7:00 pm - online

September 20, 2023: Agreeing to Disagree: How the Establishment Clause Protects Religious Diversity & Freedom of Conscience Bech-Loughlin First Amendment Discussion; 4-5 pm

Sunday, September 24Austin Libertarian Meetup Group 7:00 p.m. Pok-e-Jo's, 4109 Capital of Texas Highway (Brodie Oaks Shopping Center), Austin.

Tuesday September 26: Williamson County Libertarian Social. 6:30 p.m. Lupe Tortilla, 240 Bass Pro Dr., Round Rock.