Texas Turns 50 – Registration Open!

AustinLiberator

Jan 2, 2022, 9:48:11 AM1/2/22
to AustinLiberator
Austin Liberator
The newsletter of the Libertarian Party of Travis County (LPTC)

1. Texas Turns 50 – Registration Open!

From Texas Gold:

Texas Turns 50 on Friday, January 21, 2022, and you’re invited to the party!

Registration has just opened as a “name-your-price” ticket so all may celebrate this milestone occasion 50 years to the day that the Libertarian Party of Texas affiliated with the Libertarian Party.

Nobody will be turned away due to inability to pay for a ticket.

Those able to pay full price or above will receive a special gift.

Visit Texas Gold Registration to see all our upcoming events.

Please spread the word among Libertarian Texans and share with anyone interested so they don’t miss our celebration of a half-century of libertarianism in Texas!

------------------
2. Blanco County Libertarians begin organizing

From the Libertarian Party of Blanco County:

“As a new county affiliate of the Libertarian Party, a series of meetings will be held to select Precinct Chairs, County Officers and Delegates to the State Convention. Only registered voters of Blanco County who have not voted in any other party primary or convention are eligible to vote in these Libertarian Conventions…”

Continue at
https://www.facebook.com/lpblancotx/posts/246737907567200

Blanco County includes the towns of Blanco and Johnson City.

------------------
3. Libertarian Party of Travis County Calendar

Monday, January 10: Libertarian Party of Travis County Monthly Meeting. 7:00 - 9:00 p.m. Casa Chapala, 9041 Research Blvd, Ste 100, Austin, Visitors welcome.

Keep up to date at our website, Facebook page, and Facebook group page.

------------------
4. Area events of interest

Wednesday, January 5: Texas NORML monthly meeting. 8:00 p.m. Online event.

Monday, January 10: First Monday Forum of the League of Independent Voters of Texas. 7:00 - 8:00 p.m. Online.

Tuesday, January 18: Libertarian Party of Bexar County Discussion Meeting. 7:00 - 9:00 p.m. Bobby J’s Old Fashioned Hamburgers, 13247 Bandera Rd, Helotes.

Wednesday - Friday, January 19 - 21: Policy Orientation 2022. AT&T Executive Conference Center, 1900 University Ave., Austin. Online option available. Sponsored by the Texas Public Policy Foundation.

Friday, January 21: Happy Birthday, Libertarian Party of Texas. You are invited. Sponsored by LP Coalition Partner Texas Gold.

Sunday, January 23: Austin Libertarian Meetup Group. 7:00 p.m. Pok-e-Jo's, 4109 Capital of Texas Highway (Brodie Oaks Shopping Center), Austin.

Tuesday, January 25: Williamson County Libertarian Social. 6:30 p.m. Lupe Tortilla, 240 Bass Pro Dr., Round Rock.

Saturday, February 5: Libertarian Party of Hays County Monthly Meeting. 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. Texas Bean and Brew House, 1328 N. IH-35, San Marcos.

Tuesdays (1st, 3rd, 5th): Speaking of Liberty Toastmasters. Currently meeting in person with an online option.

Tuesdays: Austin Bitcoin Meetup. 7:00 p.m. Online events.

------------------------
5. Local media and web

Websites
Libertarian Party of Travis County
Williamson County Libertarian Party
Libertarian Party of Texas
Texas Gold

Facebook
Libertarian Party of Travis County page & group
Williamson County Libertarian Party
Libertarian Party of Hays County
Libertarian Party of Texas
TexasGold

Discord
LPTexas Discord Server Invitation
LPTravis Discord Channel

Podcasts
Scott Horton interviews
Counterflow -- Buck Johnson

Blogs
Dr. Mary Ruwart
Libertarian translators by J. Henry Phillips

Twitter
Libertarian Party of Texas
TexasGold

Instagram
TexasGold

MeWe
Libertarian Party of Texas
TexasGold

Telegram
TexasGold

Flote
TexasGold

YouTube
Libertarian Party of Texas
TexasGold

Clubhouse
TexasGold

------------------------
6. What is a libertarian?

Some say libertarians are "plotting to take over the world and leave you alone."

This 2-minute video from Learn Liberty tells "Free Will and Human Dignity: A Love Story."

"The Conversation" is a 13-minute dramatization from the Foundation for Harmony and Prosperity.

Read this short commentary from Leonard E. Read (written in 1955): "In an ideal America."

Dr. Tom Palmer explains the libertarian principle in chapter 1 (pp. 3-12) of the 2013 book, "Why Liberty."

Take this short (10 question) online quiz from the Advocates for Self-Government to see if you might have libertarian leanings: “The World’s Smallest Political Quiz.

More information can be found at:
http://www.lp.org/faq
http://www.libertarianism.org
http://www.theadvocates.org

Austin Liberator editor: Bob Ruliffson
bob.ru...@gmail.com

“If we don’t believe in freedom of expression
for people we despise, we don’t believe in it at
all.”

Noam Chomsky

The content of this newsletter is selected by the
editor, and may not reflect the official position
of the Libertarian Party of Travis County. Also,
the inclusion of any particular item in this
newsletter does not necessarily mean my
endorsement, but I'm trying to maintain a
relatively big tent here.

Austin Liberator website

Become a monthly pledger to the Libertarian Party of Texas!

Donate to the LPTC using PayPal. (Use the “sending to a friend” option)
Donate to the LPTC using Piryx..

For more information:
Libertarian Party of Travis County: (512) 694-5984
Libertarian Party of Texas: 1-800-422-1776