Remember 9/11 - Scott Horton to Speak @ LPTravis' Monthly Meeting

AustinLiberator

Aug 28, 2023, 4:50:23 PM8/28/23
to AustinLiberator

Austin Liberator

The newsletter of the Libertarian Party of Travis County (LPTravis)

LPTravis elects new Officer: Please welcome Jonathan Patschke as the newly elected Treasurer of LPTravis. He will be bringing digitial currency knowledge, accounting acumen, and new energy to our CEC. He is looking for viable fundraising options for us, and working with Adopt-aRoad to get us involved in that community outreach also.

Spike Cohen, Angela McCardle, & LPTravis Secretary David Roberson to Speak @ Texas Gamefowl Breeders Association Annual Meeting.  TGBA will host their Annual Meeting in Gatesville, Texas on October 28, 2023. Libertarians from all over Texas are invited and encouraged to attend.

Austin Food & Wine Fest Social: Business meetings are all well and good but lets do something besides just mexican food at Casa Chapala, amirite?  Anyone interested in a group outing to the Austin Food & Wine Festival this November 4-5? Check it out here: Austin Food & Wine Fest

New LPTravis Merch Available - after some feminine feedback, we've added a new design to the availabe LPTravis merch catalog. Order yours HERE

unnamed.png

Remember 9/11. LPTravis is hosting Mr. Scott Horton [Website] to speak on "Intervention & Blowback in the Middle East, Russia, and China." LPTravis has also reached out to the VFW HQ here in Austin, and extended an invitation to their membership to join.

LPTravis Monthly Meeting

Monday, September 11

6:45pm - 9:00pm

Casa Chapala, 9041 Research Blvd., Austin

Be a Libertarian CandidateIt’s hard to believe, but paperwork deadlines will arrive in December for candidates wishing to run in the 2024 election. Our LPTravis chair, Ted Brown, is one of LPTexas' Candidate Coordinators. Write to him at candi...@lptexas.org

  • LPTravis Vice Chair Dan McCarthy will be running for District 48, State House
  • LPTravis Secretary David Roberson will be running for Texas Supreme Court, Place 2

From LPTexas: “The filing period starts in November, but now is the time to figure out what office you'll be running for. We have Candidate Coordinators on hand who will be happy to help you look at the races coming up, who we can expect your opponent(s) to be, and other critical decision making aspects.

“Filling out our candidate interest form will let our Candidate Coordinators know to reach out to you. If you'd like to support campaigns and candidates, you can volunteer here and our Volunteer Coordinator will reach out to you to help find a place you can start. Both our Candidate and Volunteer Coordinators can be contacted directly here.”

Donate to Libertarian Booster PAC. Run by Wes Benedict, this PAC focuses on raising funds to pay the filing fees for Libertarian candidates. As you may know, the Legislature recently passed a bill which allows Secretary of State to refuse to place a candidate on the ballot and/or arbitrarily remove a candidate if the filing fee is not paid. As such, raising filing fee funds is crucial this cycle. You can learn about Mr. Benedict's PAC here.

To donate directly to David Roberson's Supreme Court filing fee ($3,750 total required), please do so HERE

Ranked Choice Voting. LPTravis was privileged to host Joanne Richards (rcvfortexas.org) at its August Monthly Meeting. LPTravis' At-Large Representative, Judtih Ruder, penned the following article on RCVforTexas' current efforts,.RCV for Texas.

Convention Dates & Locations

Travis County Precinct Convention: Marhc 12, 2024 (TBD)

Travis County County Convention: March 16, 2024 (State Capitol or Pioneer Farms)

LPTexas Convention: April 12-14, 2024 (Corpus Christi)

LPNational Convention: May 24-27, 2024 (Washington, D.C.)

Area Events of Interest:

Tuesday, September 5Young Austin Libertarians/Independents 7:00 pm Hi Sign Brewing Happy Hour, 730 Shady Lane, Austin

Wednesday September 6: Texas NORML Livestream 7:00 pm - online

September 20, 2023: Agreeing to Disagree: How the Establishment Clause Protects Religious Diversity & Freedom of Conscience Bech-Loughlin First Amendment Discussion; 4-5 pm

Sunday, September 24Austin Libertarian Meetup Group 7:00 p.m. Pok-e-Jo's, 4109 Capital of Texas Highway (Brodie Oaks Shopping Center), Austin.

Tuesday September 26: Williamson County Libertarian Social. 6:30 p.m. Lupe Tortilla, 240 Bass Pro Dr., Round Rock.

Local News:

Third council member sanctioned for improper financial reporting. Article

Local Media & Websites:

Websites

Libertarian Party of Travis County

Williamson County Libertarian Party

Libertarian Party of Hays County

Libertarian Party of Texas

Texas Gold

Facebook

Libertarian Party of Travis County page & group

Williamson County Libertarian Party

Libertarian Party of Hays County

Libertarian Parties of BastropBexarBlancoCaldwellComalGuadalupe Counties.

Libertarian Party of Texas

TexasGold

Discord

LPTexas Discord Server Invitation

LPTravis Discord Channel

Podcasts

Fountainhead Forum – Chris Baker

Los Libertinos Podcast – Carlos Abelar

Scott Horton interviews

Counterflow -- Buck Johnson

Blogs

Dr. Mary Ruwart

Libertarian translators by J. Henry Phillips

Twitter

Libertarian Party of Texas

TexasGold

Instagram