2024: A Big Year for Libertarians!

AustinLiberator

Jan 2, 2024, 11:54:59 AMJan 2
to AustinLiberator
I trust that everyone enjoyed their holidays with family and friends! There is alot on the horizon this year for us, including conventions, nominations, candidates, and our usual meetings. Let's get started:

LPTravis Monthly Meeting - January 8, 2024
Casa Chapala [9041 Research Blvd., in Austin (near 183 & Burnet Road)]
6:45 pm - 9:00 pm
Guest Speaker: ANDREW BUSHARD, Free Press Media

The Libertarian Party of Travis County will again have a series of pro-liberty speakers in the new year. Since it is an election year, we will also hear from our candidates each month on their efforts leading up to the November election.

Our January speaker will be Andrew Bushard, says that he lives to advance the First Amendment. He founded the organization, Free Press Media, in 1999. He moved to Austin in 2012, and then in 2013 transformed Free Press Media into a for-profit business, a First Amendment book publishing company. This publishing company advances all aspects of the First Amendment from obscenity to Freedom of Religion.

Andrew started the podcast, Long Live Alternative Parties, in January 2021, which advances Freedom of Assembly by giving a voice to alternative parties and election reform advocates. Andrew has only voted for alternative parties and has never voted for a Republican or Democrat.

Candidate Corner:

Hawk Dunlap, Libertarian Candidate for Railroad Commissioner

Hawk Dunlap is the director of global operations well control for Well Control Management International. He is 6th generation Texan, 4th generation oilfield and began his career in the oil and gas industry in 1991 as a roughneck on a workover rig in East Texas while attending Stephen F Austin State University. Over the past 32 years he has traveled and worked in 102 countries performing well control emergency response operations, well control risk management, and critical well intervention.

unnamed.jpg

Bob King, Libertarian Candidate for US Congress, District 21

Bob King is a native Texan, born in Dallas, and he worked most of his career as a corporate finance and nonprofit executive in Houston.  Bob moved to New Braunfels in 2012, and has been semi-retired since 2020, volunteering at his church, at the Comal Senior Center, and at the border in Del Rio. Bob has been married to his wife Julie for 38 years, and together they have two grown sons. He has degrees in economics and finance from Southern Methodist University, where he was a Phi Beta Kappa and an honors graduate. Bob has had two rewarding careers in his life that have uniquely prepared him to be your representative in Washington:

  • First, as a banker and an oil and gas financial executive, which taught Bob the value of free markets, and how businesses are hindered from hiring more workers when they are tied down by excessive government regulation.
  • Second, as a non-profit leader, which impressed upon Bob the imperative to find better ways to support those who truly need help in this difficult economy.

Face1.jpeg

Convention Info

We are going to be nominating our national candidates this year, so if you are interested in participating in that process, please mark your calendars for the following conventions

Precinct, March 12, Location TBD

LPTravis, MArch 16, Location TBD

LPTexas, April 12-14, Corpus Christi. Get Tickets here: LPTexas 2024

LPNational, May 24-26, Washington, D.C. Get Tickets here: LPNational 2024

In Liberty,

David Roberson, Editor-in-Chief