DC Fast Charger

Peter Joseph

Apr 25, 2014, 3:07:45 PM4/25/14
to austi...@googlegroups.com
The first one in the Austin metro is now operational.

At Town North Nissan.

On the Chargepoint network.   Cost shows $2 per hour (same as public L2 chargers and electric costs comparable to home L2).

If someone gets to use it, please post here.   The long term implications for L3 charging on an aging battery cannot be good, but it is nice to have the option.

Best,
Peter

2011 SL with 42,700 miles.  2 bars lost.
200 gids, Range now 55 to 60 miles @3.9 miles/kW (from Leaf Spy Pro)

Don Shin

Apr 25, 2014, 3:11:51 PM4/25/14
to austi...@googlegroups.com
I used it a few weeks ago - it was a revelation. My wife got her coffee, I said to her that we were ready to go (we had trekked out to the Austin Zoo and Animal Sanctuary and just needed a sip to make the rest of the trip home), and she said, "That's it? ... that's AMAZING!"

If Southpoint Nissan installed a DC Quick Charger (which is a maybe, depends in new management there is still onboard), and if there was one on the way to San Antonio, it would increase the utility of our LEAF immensely.

Don