class action suits

Willie McKemie

Nov 1, 2012, 5:09:31 PM11/1/12
to austi...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone know anything of a Texas Leaf battery group or class
action suit? Does anyone know anything about the Texas lemon law? I
hear Nissan is buying back Leafs in Arizona under the Arizona lemon
law.

--
ONWARD! Through the fog!

Peter Joseph

Nov 2, 2012, 5:54:50 AM11/2/12
to austi...@googlegroups.com
IIRC, 2 Leafs were bought back by Nissan in Arizona under the Lemon law.   They likely had 3 to 4 capacity bar losses.  Check the MNL forums to find the exact numbers.

How is your situation?   Now that the temperatures have eased up a bit (5 to 6 bars instead of 6 to 7 bars) range is slightly better.   The car is set to charge mostly up to 80% and turn on climate control in the morning.

Best,
Peter
18,300 miles in 13+ months

Willie McKemie

Nov 2, 2012, 7:29:17 AM11/2/12
to austi...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 4:54 AM, Peter Joseph <pjos...@gmail.com> wrote:

> How is your situation? Now that the temperatures have eased up a bit (5 to
> 6 bars instead of 6 to 7 bars) range is slightly better. The car is set to
> charge mostly up to 80% and turn on climate control in the morning.

I now have about 20k miles; delivery was late May 2011. Our minimum
trip length is around 60 miles and our 100% charge range is 70-80
miles. Down from more than 90 miles when new. So, there are some
trips where we might get by on a 80% charge but we are now doing 100%
for all charges. The Leaf's usefulness to us is MUCH less than when
it had a good battery. We have lost only one "bar"; both range and
gidmeter indicate no more than 80% of new capacity.