Fwd: 2020 Hardheads Bolivar RIG RUN August 15th

Chris

Jul 13, 2020, 4:42:29 PM7/13/20
to austi...@googlegroups.com, Jim Denys
AustinCats,

Carrie and I (and Jim Casto who actually took home a trophy!) just got back from Wayward Winds. There were over 30 cats on the start, 6 races run, and people who came from all over. TCDYC ran an amazing event.

Bolivar Yacht Club is giving another chance to put our boats in the water and see some friendly faces. We went to the Rig Run last year and it is a blast. Hardheads IceHouse is sponsoring it again, there is no registration fee. Put this down on your calendar and register if you can make it.

For those of you that haven’t been on the peninsula, it is gorgeous and much less developed than the Galveston beach most people are familiar with. This is also a great event for the family. The race portion is over Saturday, meaning Sunday is reserved for being a beach bum (or more fun sailing if you want).

During Wayward Winds’ day 2’s skippers meeting TCDYC gave a shout out for the rescheduled Hill Country. There was some real excitement at hearing that. The coastal cat sailors are making the effort. Let’s show them some love and get more AustinCats boats on the starting line for the Rig Run.

Chris