Washington Mutual Customers - UPDATED

Doug Masters

Jun 26, 2001, 6:24:50 PM6/26/01
The webpages have been updated with new info on their stupidity, including
proof they say they paid a Bill Pay that they really DIDN'T!!!

"Doug Masters" <dougR...@THISdougmasters.com> wrote in message news:...
> Sorry for the SPAM, but I thought I'd share this with you. Maybe you
care,
> maybe you don't, but I think you should know.
>
> This info is also located at www.wamu-sucks.com and www.wamu-sucks.net
>

> June 23, 2001
> I was a happy Bank United customer, but my problems began when Washington
> Mutual merged with Bank United. This merger was completed about three
> weeks ago, and I truly wish it had never happened. I will start by saying
> that my problem began partly due to my error, I admit that, but it is how
> Washington Mutual has dealt with the problem that has me so pissed off to
go
> to these lengths to tell my story.
>
> I use the online Bill Pay system to pay my bills, it's very handy. Due
> partially to my error, I had a scheduled payment get rejected due to
> insufficient funds. I say partially because the charge was for $98.71,
and
> the WAMU system said I had $101.xx in my account. Their system wasn't
> displaying a $14.xx pending Check Card transaction. That morning was also
> pay day for me, I deposited over $1700.00 that morning. What follows is
> the part that has me angry and fed-up with banks and their bullshit.
>
> With WAMU's online Bill Pay system, if a payment gets rejected, they lock
> you out of the Bill Pay system completely. They do not process other
> pending payments, regardless of your balance. Got your car payment due &
> scheduled?? Tough. Got a credit card payment due & scheduled??? Tough.
> Do they automatically try to run the rejected charge again, like OTHER
banks
> do when this happens?? No. Eventually you call to find out why you
> cannot access the Bill Pay system, and they tell you. YOU HAVE TO ASK TO
> HAVE THE CHARGE RESUBMITTED FOR PAYMENT!!! Once that is done, and it
> clears in about two or three days, it will take another five days before
> your Bill Pay will unlock, UNLESS you call and request it be done faster,
> even then it takes two days. I have used lots of banks in my day, but
I've
> never seen one that locks you out of access to YOUR money.
>
> Remove the electronic nature of this, and it boils down real simple. you
> bounce a check, they temporarily close your account. Do you know any
> other bank that does this? I don't.
>
> WAMU can kiss my white shiny ass, there are several other banks that offer
> free checking, and I'm going. I'll give Compass a try since they have at
> least three locations that are VERY convenient to where I spend my time.
If
> they piss me off too, keep your eyes peeled for www.compass-sucks.com!!!!

Kevin

Jun 27, 2001, 2:25:07 AM6/27/01
Hey Hey, Doug,

I can relate. I've had nothing but problems with Washington Mutual too.
They really do suck!

Kevin

In article <SY7_6.472193$ho6.30...@news5.aus1.giganews.com>, "Doug

Professor Vonroach

Jun 27, 2001, 6:04:47 AM6/27/01
On Tue, 26 Jun 2001 22:25:07 -0800, "Kevin " <km...@inreach.com>
wrote:

> I can relate. I've had nothing but problems with Washington Mutual too.
>They really do suck!

So does you choice of words. On to killfile.