[But Biden, Paris...] 'Grave' situation as planned temporary power blackouts in Texas instead last for hours

Leroy N. Soetoro

Feb 16, 2021, 1:51:54 PM2/16/21
https://www.kxan.com/news/texas/planned-temporary-blackouts-last-for-
hours-as-criticism-mounts/?ipid=related-
recirc&utm_campaign=custom%20navigation&utm_source=promo%20link&utm_medium
=desktop

AUSTIN (KXAN) — Texas power providers and the council that manages power
flow in the state are facing national criticism after thousands of
customers in the Austin area spent hours without power during this
historic winter storm.

Area providers Austin Energy, Oncor and the Electric Reliability Council
of Texas, or ERCOT, trended nationally on Twitter, with many critical of
the preparations and response to the unprecedented weather conditions.

Thousands in Austin area without power Monday morning, roads remain
dangerous
The planned blackouts did not go as planned. Instead of being rolling
blackouts, the outages have lasted hours.

“My understanding is that the blackouts are because of that concept, that
it was to be a rolling blackout,” Travis County Judge Andy Brown told
KXAN. Brown did the live interview from his car to stay warm because the
power had gone out in his home.

“That’s what they did in my neighborhood. And then the power situation was
so grave at the state level that they weren’t able to follow through on
that plan for some reason and they weren’t able to turn some of the power
back on in the way they had anticipated.”

Why does Texas have its own power grid?
KXAN viewers say they have also tried unsuccessfully to reach the utility
companies.

“I’m one of those without power. Has been out since 2 am. Inside my house
it’s 53 degrees,” said viewer Kristina Sanchez, who lives in South Austin.

“We were without power for 26 hours yesterday, had it back for 2 hours,
off for more than an hour and then back on for overnight,” added viewer
Stephanie Koller, who lives in northwest Austin. “The power has now been
off since 10am today with zero communication from Austin Energy regarding
what the problem(s) is(are) and how long it might possibly take to restore
power.”

KXAN has attempted to remain in contact with area energy providers but
we’ve been unable to receive the latest information as crews respond to
outages beyond just checking their outage map.

Just before 4 p.m. Monday, Abbott tweeted the Public Utilities Commission
tells him 500,000 residential customers are having power restored at this
time. He expects more positive news this evening.

Criticism on social media

Energy Emergency: 390K without power as outages lasting hours in bitter
cold

MOST READ: ‘Unprecedented shortfall:’ Power outages could last through
Tuesday

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be
published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

--
"LOCKDOWN", left-wing COVID fearmongering. 95% of COVID infections
recover with no after effects.

ballots. Report voter fraud: sf.n...@mail.house.gov

fiasco, President Trump.

queer liberal democrat donors.