Looks like I am just one of many who see what Jonah is really all about

Jonah's New Bestest Buddy

Nov 28, 2001, 10:23:21 AM11/28/01
I see somebody else has seen the truth about what he calls, "but you,
Jonah Yokubaitis, are like the "Godfather of the Internet Mafia".
You are crooked, and you really suck!"

Maybe we should form a Jonah fan club????

From: OhWell <any1i...@anyplace.net>
Subject: Re: Jump.net vs Texas.net:---->>Make a "realistic" comparason
between the two!
Date: 2000/05/31
Newsgroups: austin.internet

Let me be the one to "educate" these people as to what type of a
service Yokubaitis really runs..(Sorry, I know the man personally, and
he is undeserving of a "Mr'" )

Giganews seems like a real great service...from afar. If you are a
Giganews only customer, try cancelling your account..let alone,
getting anyone help from Tech support. When you try to reach someone
at TN in regards to Giganews, you are told that the two are entirely
separate entities, and that there is no "live" person the consumer can
speak with.

More over, if you are a Giganews only customer, Yokubaitis has made
certain that he has "capped" the download bandwidth at which you can
access the newserver. His reasoning, "The assholes on Roadrunner are
eating up Texas.net customer's bandwidth downloading their porn."
Keep in mind, those Roadrunner customers pay a fee to use Giganews.
It won't do a customer of Giganews any good at all to bitch, as
Jonah's flunkys are instructed to just delete the complaints, and
ignore them.

Giganews claims "totally uncensored newgroups"..well, they will never
come right out and tell you that they will not carry your newgroup,
they will simply overlook the request and not add the group, if the
group is of a sensitive subject matter (or something illegal) I
firmly despise anything to do with child pornography or things of that
nature, but why lie to customers? Don't tell them that you are
unsensored, tell them you choose not to carry feeds to groups that are
illegal and/or immoral.

As far as Texas.Net, I have always felt they were a decent outfit, if
you aren't concerned about customer service. TN's latest marketing
ploy is to offer customers 250 MBs of webspace, and up to 10 email
accounts! Ok, sounds great! Or does it? Read the fine print:
All those MBs aren't worth squat when you have a 2 gigaBIT per month
transfer limit!! (Ebayers beware!! You will find your pictures
unavailable within the first week of posting them, and the only way to
get them back is to wait until the next month, when your bandwidth
rolls over OR of course, you could pay another $19.95 for 5 more
gigaBITS of web traffic!!!) Of course the 10 email accounts can only
be used by individuals, not businesses...hmmm...I don't know many
individuals who have a need for 10 email accounts!

I have no problem giving credit where credit is due...when a company
runs a decent, honest outfit, they deserve to be recognized, but you,
Jonah Yokubaitis, are like the "Godfather of the Internet Mafia".
You are crooked, and you really suck!

On Thu, 25 May 2000 19:49:10 GMT, Jonah Barron Yokubaitis
<bar...@nospam.texas.net> wrote:

>Daniel D. Kerr <dk...@satx.rr.com> wrote:
>
>:> I'll go with their educated judgements over your uneducated
judgement.
>:>
>:> Jonah

>: Jonah, come on. That is no way to talk to someone who could be a
potential
>: customer of your company. Bo called people idiots & you call
someone
>: uneducated. Pretty wrong if you ask me. As the owner of TN, I
would think
>: you would be more open to a logical discussion of the facts vs just
saying
>: you don't want to even consider someone's "uneducated" judgement.
>
>Daniel,
>
>Rick is not a potential customer. I asked Rick a simple question if
he
>had used Giganews before and he said no. Rick is prejudiced in his
>"recommendation" and was making an uneducated comparison. I called
his
>uneducated comparisons what they were...uneducated.
>
>: I used your service for a while. I can honestly say the news was
pretty
>: good. I have seen better, & I have seen worse. It's all a matter
of
>: personal preference. For me, I wouldn't care if you had
100,000,000 year
>: retention on the alt.crafts groups, but I would care if you didn't
have some
>: good retention on the groups I wanted to look at. That is where
you get
>: personal opinion...
>
>I am curious here as to who had better news. I would certainly like
>dig some facts and make a service comparison on that provider and
>Giganews.
>
>I still remember the first time the Jump guys saw the Giganews setup.
The
>wide eyes look was a sight to see :)
>
>: Just the thoughts some someone special
>
>Please clarify this for the group Daniel. Do you work for Roadrunner?
>
>Jonah

M4

Nov 28, 2001, 11:06:55 AM11/28/01
In article <a9acbabd.01112...@posting.google.com>,
libera...@email.com says...

> I see somebody else has seen the truth about what he calls, "but you,
> Jonah Yokubaitis, are like the "Godfather of the Internet Mafia".
> You are crooked, and you really suck!"
>
> Maybe we should form a Jonah fan club????

Thx for the info, as I am currently checking out pay news providers to
subscribe to.(*note to self...scratch GigaNews from list)

LiberallMinded's Bestest Pal

Nov 28, 2001, 11:38:27 AM11/28/01
M4 <M...@home.com> wrote in <MPG.166ed6215507b8a989681@news>:

I hear these are the best going right now.

Supernews
Usnetserver
Altopia

The only issue with altopia it seems is the retention but the other two are
great on retention if that is what you need.

Not Me

Nov 28, 2001, 12:58:50 PM11/28/01

Why scratch GN from your list. I've been a subscriber for several
years and have had no problems at all. None. Best news service I've
seen. I get prompt replies from support on the few occasions I need
them. You just can't do any better.

Delete Me

Nov 28, 2001, 2:34:06 PM11/28/01
"You're the Babel Fish English-to-English translator bot,
aren't you?" lilbluejoonbunni said, as LiberallMinded's Bestest Pal
wrote in
Message-ID <9u33u3$5n2$0...@dosa.alt.net>:

Newscene's better than Supernews, but the latter's still pretty good.
Whatever happened to Zippo?

--
Delete Me <dele...@databasix.com>
dratfed by omnył as an anty-spmam soldeir (bagde# 38jd764g6zz41)

Dusty Rhodes

Nov 28, 2001, 2:31:36 PM11/28/01
"M4" <M...@home.com> wrote in message news:MPG.166ed6215507b8a989681@news...

Very simply, Giganews rocks. It is certainly one of - if not THE - best news
providers around.

If you're going to take the rant of some anonymous asswipe on Usenet as
absolute fact, you deserve the crappy service you will likely end up with.

Cheers,

Dusty

miscreant

Nov 28, 2001, 2:59:00 PM11/28/01
Shut your mouth and get in alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk, cuz
gagan...@nonews.not (LiberallMinded's Bestest Pal) wants to drive!

>M4 <M...@home.com> wrote in <MPG.166ed6215507b8a989681@news>:
>
>>In article <a9acbabd.01112...@posting.google.com>,
>>libera...@email.com says...
>>> I see somebody else has seen the truth about what he calls, "but you,
>>> Jonah Yokubaitis, are like the "Godfather of the Internet Mafia".
>>> You are crooked, and you really suck!"
>>>
>>> Maybe we should form a Jonah fan club????
>>>
>>Thx for the info, as I am currently checking out pay news providers to
>>subscribe to.(*note to self...scratch GigaNews from list)
>>

>I hear these are the best going right now.
>
>Supernews
>Usnetserver
>Altopia

Teranews.com ~ FREE

>The only issue with altopia it seems is the retention but the other two are
>great on retention if that is what you need.

--

miscreant mhm 31x15
smeeter#29 mp#18 obp#:443

"You sound like a villian in the scooby doo cartoon."
micky996 in <3BF63AFB...@utopia.con>

Dusty Rhodes

Nov 28, 2001, 2:45:51 PM11/28/01
<net.loon x-posts trimmed>

"LiberallMinded's Bestest Pal" <gagan...@nonews.not> wrote in message

> M4 <M...@home.com> wrote in <MPG.166ed6215507b8a989681@news>:
>
> >In article <a9acbabd.01112...@posting.google.com>,
> >libera...@email.com says...
> >> I see somebody else has seen the truth about what he calls, "but you,
> >> Jonah Yokubaitis, are like the "Godfather of the Internet Mafia".
> >> You are crooked, and you really suck!"
> >>
> >> Maybe we should form a Jonah fan club????
> >>
> >Thx for the info, as I am currently checking out pay news providers to
> >subscribe to.(*note to self...scratch GigaNews from list)
> >

> I hear these are the best going right now.

I hear you're just another alt.net net.kook. Your sure x-post like a stupid
loon.

> Supernews

OK, but nowhere near the feed or retention of Giganews.

> Usnetserver

Again, not even close to Giganews retention or completeness.

> Altopia

The last refuge of the true net.loon. Fine for text. Lousy for binaries. Oh,
and bandwidth capped FAR more severely than Giganews.

> The only issue with altopia it seems is the retention but the other two
are
> great on retention if that is what you need.

You mean the only issue *other* than Altopia rarely accepts new clients?
Besides Altopia tops out at 9 days retention for binaries. Giganews is
usually 2 weeks or better.

Randori is the only pay news provider I've seen close to Giganews in
retention, but they don't carry anywhere near the number of groups. I've
heard 100proof is good, too, but I've never actually used them.

Cheers,

Dusty

±

Nov 28, 2001, 4:58:25 PM11/28/01

http://www.newzpig.com

> Usnetserver
> Altopia
>
> The only issue with altopia it seems is the retention but the other two are
> great on retention if that is what you need.

--
0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
000000000000000000000000################000000000000000000000000
0000000000000000000##### #####0000000000000000000
000000000000000#### The ####000000000000000
0000000000000## Fine Family of Snuh ##0000000000000
0000000000### Newsgroups: ###0000000000
000000000# #000000000
0000000## ##### ###### ##0000000
000000# ####### ######## #000000
00000# ######### ########## #00000
0000# ######### ########## #0000
000# ######### ########## #000
00# ####### ######## #00
0# ##### ###### #0
0# #0
0# news:alt.snuh #0
0# news:alt.tv.simpsons.snuh #0
0# news:alt.binaries.snuh #0
0# news:alt.snuh-made-cascades #0
0# news:alt.ozdebate #0
0# news:alt.folklore.snuh #0
00# # news:alt.swnet.snuh # #00
00# ## news:alt.gossip.snuh ## #00
000# ### ### #000
0000# ###### ###### #0000
00000# ###################### #00000
000000# #000000
0000000## ##0000000
000000000# http://www.geocities.com/buhsnuh #000000000
0000000000### ###0000000000
0000000000000## ##0000000000000
000000000000000#### ####000000000000000
0000000000000000000##### #####0000000000000000000
000000000000000000000000################000000000000000000000000
0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
0000000000000000000 Harvey Ball, 1922-2001 RIP :( 00000000000000

+-+-+-+ +-+-+-+ +-+-+ +-+-+-+-+
|S|a|y| |D|u|h| |t|o| |S|n|u|h|
+-+-+-+ +-+-+-+ +-+-+ +-+-+-+-+

From: en_mog <en_...@hotmail.com>
Newsgroups: alt.tv.simpsons
Subject: Goodbye :-)
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2000 08:05:45 -0500

If I have any integrity at all, I must leave.
I welcome others to do so as well if they refuse to be led by a group of
unthinking drones that are stuck in such a mindnumbingly predictable
pattern of
snuh/attack/snuh/attack/penises/attack/snuh/rectum/attack/.

From: TGOS <tg...@spamcop.net>
Newsgroups: alt.hentai.sailor-moon
Subject: Re: Great Newsgroup!
Date: 27 Nov 2000 02:23:19 -0600

Nobody can control the snuh.

Ready to create a new newsgroup?
Everything you need is here:
http://snetter.tripod.com

pleace add to yuor lits: snuh music
http://artists.mp3s.com/artist_song/770/770142.html

this has been another unique, handcrafted and thoughtful psot from the
Snuh family of fine psoters.

ad88888ba 88 ad88888ba
d8" "8b 88 d8" "8b
Y8, 88 "" a8P
`Y8aaaaa, 8b,YHBTba, 88 88 88,dPPYba, ,a8P"
`"""""8b, 88P' `"8a 88 88 88P' "8a d8"
`8b 88 88 88 88 88 88 ""
Y8a a8P 88 88 "8a, ,a88 88 88 88
"Y88888P" 88 88 `"YbbdP'Y8 88 Get Snuhy!

±

Nov 28, 2001, 5:06:09 PM11/28/01
Dusty Rhodes wrote:

> "M4" <M...@home.com> wrote in message news:MPG.166ed6215507b8a989681@news...
> > In article <a9acbabd.01112...@posting.google.com>,
> > libera...@email.com says...
> > > I see somebody else has seen the truth about what he calls, "but you,
> > > Jonah Yokubaitis, are like the "Godfather of the Internet Mafia".
> > > You are crooked, and you really suck!"
> > >
> > > Maybe we should form a Jonah fan club????
> > >
> > Thx for the info, as I am currently checking out pay news providers to
> > subscribe to.(*note to self...scratch GigaNews from list)
>
> Very simply, Giganews rocks. It is certainly one of - if not THE - best news
> providers around.

Bullshit.

I've had Giganews accounts and they censor.

And they do more to satisfy Jonah's whims then their customers.

> If you're going to take the rant of some anonymous asswipe on Usenet as
> absolute fact,

Such as yourself.

> you deserve the crappy service you will likely end up with.

http:///www.newzpig.com

$5 a month, ton of rentention, they add any group you ask for, no
bullshit from them - why should a server tell a customer how to post?

> Cheers,
>
> Dusty

Delete Me

Nov 28, 2001, 11:52:55 PM11/28/01
"You're the Babel Fish English-to-English translator bot,
aren't you?" lilbluejoonbunni said, as Dusty Rhodes wrote in
Message-ID <sYaN7.34824$sq2.1...@typhoon.austin.rr.com>:

>"M4" <M...@home.com> wrote in message news:MPG.166ed6215507b8a989681@news...
>> In article <a9acbabd.01112...@posting.google.com>,
>> libera...@email.com says...
>> > I see somebody else has seen the truth about what he calls, "but you,
>> > Jonah Yokubaitis, are like the "Godfather of the Internet Mafia".
>> > You are crooked, and you really suck!"
>> >
>> > Maybe we should form a Jonah fan club????
>> >
>> Thx for the info, as I am currently checking out pay news providers to
>> subscribe to.(*note to self...scratch GigaNews from list)
>
>Very simply, Giganews rocks. It is certainly one of - if not THE - best news
>providers around.

Why doesn't it carry all the groups that Altopia, SuperNews, and
Newscene do?

>If you're going to take the rant of some anonymous asswipe on Usenet as
>absolute fact, you deserve the crappy service you will likely end up with.

Luckily, Dana's not anonymous, so what he says must be true.

>Cheers,
>
>Dusty

Hi Jon^H^H^H Dusty!

--
I have no idea what 'neener neener' means, so your insult
is lost on me. - Henrietta K. Thomas

Dusty Rhodes

Nov 29, 2001, 3:50:22 PM11/29/01
<stupid kook x-posting trimmed>

"Delete Me" <dele...@databasix.com> wrote in message

> "You're the Babel Fish English-to-English translator bot,
> aren't you?" lilbluejoonbunni said, as Dusty Rhodes wrote in
> Message-ID <sYaN7.34824$sq2.1...@typhoon.austin.rr.com>:
>
> >"M4" <M...@home.com> wrote in message
> >> In article <a9acbabd.01112...@posting.google.com>,
> >> libera...@email.com says...

> >> Thx for the info, as I am currently checking out pay news providers to
> >> subscribe to.(*note to self...scratch GigaNews from list)
> >
> >Very simply, Giganews rocks. It is certainly one of - if not THE - best
news
> >providers around.
>
> Why doesn't it carry all the groups that Altopia, SuperNews, and
> Newscene do?

They carry more than 70,000 groups and have MUCH better retention than any
of the providers you mention.

> >If you're going to take the rant of some anonymous asswipe on Usenet as
> >absolute fact, you deserve the crappy service you will likely end up
with.

> Luckily, Dana's not anonymous, so what he says must be true.

Great leap of logic, there, loon. Straight from A to Q.

> Hi Jon^H^H^H Dusty!

Can't spell, either, eh? Gosh, I am SO surprised.

Cheers,

Dusty

Justa Hillbilly

Nov 29, 2001, 11:04:45 PM11/29/01