Cafe meetup 6/26: ACX Book Review Part 2

Silas Barta

Jun 21, 2021, 3:22:34 PM6/21/21
to austin-l...@googlegroups.com
As you might remember from before, Astral Codex Ten is having a book review contest where you can vote for your favorite book reviews (approval style, so vote for as many as you want).  The contest ends at the end of this month so let's take another chance to share reviews we liked.

If you haven't read any reviews you'd like to share, or need to catch up, get cracking! The full list is at the link above. Plenty of time until Saturday!

Note: we will also be welcoming Maia and Roger, former organizers of the San Francisco LW group, who now live in Baltimore.
***
The meetup is at Central Market, 4001 N. Lamar, in the cafe area. Look for the LW and SSC signs. People start arriving at 1:30 pm, and the main activity will begin at 2:30 pm.

Silas Barta

Jun 26, 2021, 2:40:22 PM6/26/21
to austin-l...@googlegroups.com
Okay we have a table in the center downstairs indoor area but may move upstairs if we need more space.

Silas Barta

Jun 26, 2021, 2:51:13 PM6/26/21
to austin-l...@googlegroups.com
Okay we’ve moved upstairs to the outdoor patio area.

Silas Barta

Jun 26, 2021, 3:19:20 PM6/26/21
to austin-l...@googlegroups.com
Since we’ll apparently be discussing Georgism a lot today, here’s a less known but thorough criticism from the late Paul Birch: