In-person cafe meetup 6/12: What universal experiences are you missing out on?

Silas Barta

Jun 9, 2021, 4:20:32 PM6/9/21
to austin-l...@googlegroups.com
Inspired by the SSC article, I thought we could use this time to share ostensibly "universal" parts of the human experience that we personally don't seem to encounter.

If you're not sure if any apply to you, check out the above article and its comments, as well as the reddit thread. Common examples people cite in the threads are aphantasia (not being able to visualize images in your mind) and (lack of) visceral patriotism (compulsion to root for a larger group).
***
The meetup is at Central Market, 4001 N. Lamar, in the cafe area. Look for the LW and SSC signs. People start arriving at 1:30 pm, and the main activity will begin at 2:30 pm. In accordance with store policy, please wear a mask when not seated.

Silas Barta

Jun 12, 2021, 2:45:09 PM6/12/21
to austin-l...@googlegroups.com
We’re in the upstairs outdoor area of the cafe. Remember to come up the stairs on the right (viewer from the ordering counter).