Survey on in-person meetups

chanj...@gmail.com

Oct 29, 2020, 7:24:43 PM10/29/20
to Austin Less Wrong
Please take this survey by November 7 to weigh in on the scheduling of in-person meetups and what social distancing rules we should observe at them.

(This will help us avoid getting stuck in a preference-falsification bubble for too long.)

This won't affect the Sunday November 1 in-person meetup, but I'm thinking we can discuss the results at the Saturday November 7 virtual meetup to plan what to do after that.

Also, if you have info about COVID-19 that's relevant to your preferences, this thread is a good place to share it.

J Chan

Nov 3, 2020, 11:40:31 AM11/3/20
to austin-l...@googlegroups.com
Don't forget to vote! If you don't vote you can't complain 😜

chanj...@gmail.com

Nov 7, 2020, 5:39:23 PM11/7/20
to Austin Less Wrong
Summary of the changes:
  1. Saturday discussion meetups will be in-person once a month, on the second Saturday of every month (upcoming: Nov. 14).
  2. Sunday in-person social meetups will occur once a month, on the Sunday 8 days after that (upcoming: Nov. 22)
  3. Tuesday dinner meetups will be in-person once a month, on the Tuesday 9 days after that (upcoming: Dec. 1)
    1. (Location still TBD, but it'll be a place with outdoor seating)
  4. The "split up if >10" rule is being dropped.
See the calendar for the schedule of events for the next few months.