Cafe Meetup 7/3: Stories of Surprise

Silas Barta

Jun 30, 2021, 11:54:46 PM6/30/21
to austin-l...@googlegroups.com
With the holiday weekend, let's do a casual topic: sharing stories from our lives. This time, the theme will be a time you were surprised (had your worldmodel's expectations contradicted).

From my stories, you might remember the examples of the time a huge Battlestar Galactica fan turned out not to have seen past the first (of four) seasons, or the time police caught a burglar red-handed and just asked him to leave.
***
The meetup is at Central Market, 4001 N. Lamar, in the cafe area. Look for the LW and SSC signs. People start arriving at 1:30 pm, and the main activity will begin at 2:30 pm.

Logan Stokols

Jul 3, 2021, 12:13:19 PM7/3/21
to austin-l...@googlegroups.com
I'm back in town this week, looking forward to seeing everybody again!

Having sampled the Toronto and Research Triangle rationalist groups now, I'm acutely aware of what a great little community we've built here. It's not trivial, be proud!

-- Logan

Silas Barta

Jul 3, 2021, 1:20:47 PM7/3/21
to austin-l...@googlegroups.com
That’s awesome! Great to hear!

Silas Barta

Jul 3, 2021, 2:21:08 PM7/3/21
to austin-l...@googlegroups.com
Running a bit behind, might not have the table and sign up until 1:45.

Patrick Westropp

Jul 3, 2021, 2:38:44 PM7/3/21
to austin-l...@googlegroups.com
Yay ingroup, boo outgroup!

rab...@gmail.com

Jul 3, 2021, 2:45:02 PM7/3/21
to austin-l...@googlegroups.com
We’re upstairs on the patio.

Ryan

Silas Barta

Jul 3, 2021, 2:46:28 PM7/3/21
to austin-l...@googlegroups.com
I grabbed a spot inside to the right of the order counter.

Silas Barta

Jul 3, 2021, 2:52:41 PM7/3/21
to austin-l...@googlegroups.com
Ah okay I moved up to the upstairs group.

On Jul 3, 2021, at 1:45 PM, rab...@gmail.com wrote:

We’re upstairs on the patio.