Cafe meetup 7/17: Intro to information theory

Silas Barta

Jul 14, 2021, 12:07:57 AM7/14/21
to austin-l...@googlegroups.com
As practicing Bayesians, we need to know how to optimally update our worldmodels based on observation. Information theory provides a variety of tools on how to do this. To keep our epistemic skills in tip-top shape, I'll be doing a (casual) introduction to information theory, enough to get a survey of the field and find out how to learn more.

We'll apply it to some interesting problems. Bring your questions and your curiosity!
***
The meetup is at Central Market, 4001 N. Lamar, in the cafe area. Look for the LW and SSC signs. People start arriving at 1:30 pm, and the main activity will begin at 2:30 pm.

Silas Barta

Jul 17, 2021, 3:07:12 PM7/17/21
to austin-l...@googlegroups.com
We’re at the outdoor tables on the upstairs patio.