Date for meetings

Ron Romero

Feb 2, 2012, 12:37:01 PM2/2/12
to Austin Code Dojo
It's February now and time to start up the Dojos. I'm excited about
what we can do with a new format. The next question is: when she we
hold them?

Here are my thoughts: I 'd like it once a month. That seems to fit
schedules better, and matches the other groups, which are mostly
monthly. Plus it's easier to remember. For me, personally, I can't
do Thursdays. Other than that, it's just a matter of finding a date
when no other group has meetings. Something of the form "the nth
{Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday} of each month". As far as time, I think
6-9pm would work best.

It looks like the other groups' schedules are:

Agile Austin is the 1st Tuesday
Lean Software Austin is the 3rd Monday
Development SIG – meets on the second Thursday of the month
QA SIG – meets on the third Wednesday of the month
DevOps SIG – meets on the fourth Wednesday of the month
Architecture SIG – meets on fourth Thursday of the month
Agile Leaders SIG – meets on first Friday of the month

When are Austin Software Mentors meetings? I think they have a
general meeting and a planning meeting every month.

And Agile Austin has other things, like Board meetings. When are
those?

(Wow, the Austin software development calendar is very booked.)

What other groups are out there? What days will work the best?

Thanks,
Ron

Matt Roberts

Feb 2, 2012, 12:53:16 PM2/2/12
to austin-c...@googlegroups.com, Austin Code Dojo
Hi Ron:

The AgileAustin board meeting (now open) is the fourth Tuesday of the month.

Agreed, there's a lot going on in Austin--it's an awesome time to be developing software here!!!!

Matt Roberts

Sukant Hajra

Feb 2, 2012, 11:44:30 PM2/2/12
to austin-c...@googlegroups.com
Excerpts from Ron Romero's message of Thu Feb 02 11:37:01 -0600 2012:

> When are Austin Software Mentors meetings? I think they have a
> general meeting and a planning meeting every month.

We're moving our bi-weekly meetings to Monday to better accommodate student
schedules.

-Sukant

Gregory Symons

Feb 3, 2012, 3:07:24 PM2/3/12
On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 11:37 AM, Ron Romero <zir...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Development SIG – meets on the second Thursday of the month
> QA SIG – meets on the third Wednesday of the month
> DevOps SIG – meets on the fourth Wednesday of the month
> Architecture SIG – meets on fourth Thursday of the month
> Agile Leaders SIG – meets on first Friday of the month

The nice thing about the Agile SIGs is that they're all over lunch, so
technically, we could double book on their days. I think doing the
dojo on second Thursdays would have a nice synergy with the Developer
SIG, myself.

--
Greg Symons

Ron Romero

Feb 9, 2012, 11:31:46 AM2/9/12
to austin-c...@googlegroups.com
That makes a lot of sense.  So then second Thursdays starting March 8?  That will also give us plenty of time to advertise.