Vote for Austin Pets Alive today please! :)

Skip to the first unread message

Miss D Kupps

25 Oct 2011, 2:25:04 pm25/10/11
to thehula...@gmail.com
As many of you know by now, I have become a passionate supporter of Austin Pets Alive through volunteering in the bottle baby nursery and fostering kittens. I even adopted one of my favorite fosters, Promise, and if we're facebook friends I'm sure you see her photos all over the place. :)

Austin Pets Alive is in the running for $100,000 from the ASPCA for all of their hard work saving lives and we need your help to make sure they win the contest. Helping out is super easy and can all be done from anywhere in the country (or the world for that matter). You simply vote for them online by going to this address www.votetosavelives.org, choose TX-Austin Pets Alive and enter your email address. You can vote every day and you should since there are only a few days left in the contest and APA is currently at the top. We need all the help we can get to make sure this agency wins the prize.

And for a personal note from me... please know that I have worked with lots of nonprofits over the last 10 years and I can easily say that this one is the most efficient, most beneficial and most fulfilling one I've ever helped. That's why I am so passionate about making sure they are able to save more animals from euthanasia.

In 2011 so far, the bottle baby program rescued 1200 kittens that were slated to be put down by shelters. Additionally, APA helped rescue many of the animals lost and hurt during the Bastrop fires, rescued nearly 4000 dogs and cats in 2011 so far, turned Austin into a NO KILL CITY and hosted a national conference teaching other animal rescue groups how to do the same thing in their own hometowns. These folks are amazing and inspiring and I really want you to help them out.

So please consider this a personal favor for me. Go to their website here and read up on them if you like http://www.austinpetsalive.org/about/ or just trust me and vote for them here http://www.votetosavelives.org.

Thank you so much. I am attaching a photo of Promise who without the help of APA would have ended up being euthanized in June by Town Lake Animal Shelter. Because of Austin Pets Alive she ended up with me instead. I:)

Dee
Promise as a baby.JPG