Be the Change! Playground Installation Wrapup Sunday 12/21

Parsec

Dec 19, 2008, 9:14:39 AM12/19/08
to Austin Burners Without Borders
Greetings! This is the final project briefing on the latest of our
Daycare Improvement project series. Everything is looking great, so
our itinerary is confirmed. After consulting with some of the
volunteers, a good portion of our previous crew is engaged in the
landmark First Night clock tower burn and they have an important work
day scheduled on Saturday. Therefore, we decided to finish the
playground project on Sunday, December 21st. To give folks time to
wake up, work will begin at 10:07 am.
It is very exciting to be a part of our community this winter and I
hope that we can keep the inertia and continue to be the change we
voted for! 2008 has been a wonderful year of accomplishments and I
feel the BwB Austin is making a significant impact in Central Texas.
It is my hope to continue the tradition through 2009 and to grow even
more. Our community needs more project leaders!

(spread this to whatever lists you think appropriate)

The location will be at Generations Day Care
Project Site: 8203 Sam Rayburn Drive Austin Texas
maps.google.com

Itinerary: Sunday, December 21st
09:00 AM Site Prep
10:00 AM Project Briefing On-site
10:07 AM Work Begins
12:00 PM Break 30 Minutes Lunch Provided
12:30 PM Work Begins Again
3:00 PM Project Completion

We have now figured out how to drill the holes to install the legs! I
think that now the worst of the learning curve has been achieved,
things should come together pretty smoothly. Bonner says that she has
a crew that will do the timbers and pea gravel for the fall zone, so
all we have to do is finish installing the other pieces of the
playground. If we have time, we will re-measure for the fall zone and
mark it off.

Project Overview: Goals
1. Measure out the fall zone and mark it off.
2. Erect the playscape in the position it will occupy.
3. Mark where the holes need to be put in.
4. Move playscape to dig holes.
5. Dig holes.
6. Put playscape in holes we dug.
7. Dump cement and rocks into holes.
8. Add water and wiggle.

Tools that would help:
Cordless drill with allen wrench bit/socket driver
Pickaxe/shovel/posthole digger/breaker bar/wrenches/screwdriver/socket
set
However, you need bring only your willing hands and a desire to hang
out and enjoy some good conversation and camaraderie while creating a
place for kids to express themselves through play.
If you have any questions, feel free to e-mail or call me on my cell.

(512) 294-1811

Pat...@burnerswithoutborders.org

You must be the change you wish to see in the world. -Mohandas Gandhi

Miss D Kupps

Jan 5, 2009, 5:46:20 PM1/5/09
to austin-burners-...@googlegroups.com
Are we still on for these times for this Saturday?

Also, I'm game for a shirt if we have any of those. :o)

Thanks,

Ellen Hinds

Jan 5, 2009, 8:04:27 PM1/5/09
to austin-burners-...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, I'd like a shirt too if there are any available. How much?
Thanks,
Ellen (aka Ms A Cups?)

Parsec

Jan 7, 2009, 10:20:29 AM1/7/09
to Austin Burners Without Borders
I e-mailed Carmen and they dont have any more shirts, they have not
had a print run in quite awhile. So, it falls to us to get some
printed. Minimum order is 33 shirts at around 6 bucks per. I have
not had the liquid funds to float the initial investment.