hello?

1 view

lucretia

Jul 29, 2010, 7:13:40 PM7/29/10
to Austin Burners Without Borders
Hi all:

I'm interested in working on a (warehouse) neighborhood beautification
project in conjunction with Austin Parks Foundation and/or Keep Austin
Beautiful. They can supply tools and grant money if we can guarantee a
number of volunteer hours to match the grant.

I'm happy to put in the hours for the required grant training and
writing the grant itself, all I need is a point of contact for
BWB...or someone interested in recruiting dedicated volunteers to
ensure we can match the grant with labor.

This project would not start until the fall at the earliest. I'm
thinking about a project such as invasive plant removal at Givens Park
(which is on the Boggy Creek/Fort Branch watershed), graffitti clean
up in the area, bat houses for the park, etc. I'm open to any ideas
as long as I can get APF/KAB on board.

Any thoughts?

~Lucky

marrilee

Jul 29, 2010, 7:18:23 PM7/29/10
to austin-burners-...@googlegroups.com
We wanna jump on this train!  We applied for a grant (that we were surprised as hell that we got) wherein we stipulated we'd work on some service projects like this that we could add some art/crafty goodness.  We could make bat houses all day.  And maybe clean up graffiti and add something more beautiful/inspirational?  The machines make awesome stencils!  : )

Marrilee (and Dave)

Treg Taylor

Jul 29, 2010, 7:29:06 PM7/29/10
to austin-burners-...@googlegroups.com
I'm in, meet when and where?

Treg

Miss Paije

Jul 30, 2010, 1:30:25 AM7/30/10
to austin-burners-...@googlegroups.com
Ditto! This sounds like a great project!

David Fields

Jul 30, 2010, 1:42:08 PM7/30/10
to austin-burners-...@googlegroups.com
I  think I'd enjoy this. I'm in.

lucretia

Aug 2, 2010, 12:12:16 PM8/2/10
to Austin Burners Without Borders
I'm excited about the interest - thanks to each and every one of you!
The first step is a few required grant trainings, then the application...then we can proceed with a nice, funded project.  I'll keep ya'll posted about the progress!

I'm also going to touch base with the neighborhood to gauge interest.

Thanks again everyone!
~Lucky

David Kitchin

Aug 2, 2010, 1:02:29 PM8/2/10
to Austin Burners Without Borders
I'll volunteer.

- Dave

shanta stevens

Aug 2, 2010, 5:54:13 PM8/2/10
to austin-burners-...@googlegroups.com
looks like I'm leaving town for a while, but i'm there in spirit!