All Hands on Deck! Saturday 4/11 9am-1pm 5th and San Antonio

Parsec

Apr 10, 2009, 11:52:56 AM4/10/09
to Austin Burners Without Borders
Here is an opportunity to impact a highly visible art installation for
Earth Day. A way to support local art and help keep Austin green.
Need trucks, tools, hands, whatever. Austin Green Art is sponsoring
the event. It's like 3 or 4 hours of work and your participation will
make a huge difference.

From Randy:

This year’s Earth Day event comprises a fun and daunting task of
converting the old Intel Building site (now a vacant lot) adjacent to
Republic Park, into a fun, safe, visually compelling site for half of
the event.

9am to 1pm at Republic Park — 5th and San Antonio

EARTH DAY VOLUNTEER CALL

April 11
We have an awesome site plan in the works and we could use your help
next Saturday — the 11th from 9am to 1pm. We’ve been very lucky to
have the help of an energetic group of UT architecture grad students
to envision and build the site. Bring trucks, shovels, rakes, tool
boxes, paint brushes, etc. Meet at lot west of Republic Park @ 5th &
San Antonio.

April 17-18
If you are interested in volunteering to help out with the event
itself, you can find an online sign up form through Planet Green's
Green Apple Festival registration: <http://planetgreen.discovery.com/
work-connect/green-apple.html>
Click on Austin "sign up" and you'll find the four volunteer shifts
on a scroll down menu of other Earth Day weekend Austin opportunities.

For more info call Randy — 743 4245.
Or email <ra...@austingreenart.org>

Thanks,
Randy

This project is perfect! I will be on-site with the camera and work
gloves!

Patrick Brown
Burners Without Borders

You must be the change you wish to see in the world. -Mohandas Gandhi