BWB Playground Wrapup Party/Workday Photoshoot 1:30 April 18th

Parsec

Apr 1, 2009, 10:51:13 AM4/1/09
to Austin Burners Without Borders
BWB Project: Timber Installation 4/18 Daycare Improvement Project

Well, SXSW is over and it’s time to get back to work (I mean have a
party)!

What we have on our plate for April is the wrapup of almost a years’
worth of work to Generations Daycare center. Burners Without Borders
and community partners such as National Instruments and Freescale
Semiconductor have worked together to make vast improvements to this
property with the guidance of the United Way.

All we have left to do is install the timbers for the fall zone and
then fill in the gravel. We are going to split this into two workdays
in order to get some media exposure.

The first workday is strictly for BWB crew and is going to be a light
work day and celebration. Come prepared to get some photos taken for
a press release. Everybody that has participated in this project is
welcome to come for the photo shoot, though there wont be enough work
for everybody. Maybe we can set up a cheerleading team?

Anyways, if you want a t-shirt, contact
Car...@burnerswithoutborders.org and throw her a 5 or 10 donation and
she will hook it up. Be good to have a shirt for the photo shoot. I
will be BBQing. If we have some fire spinners, bring some poi and
light up during lunch. I will bring my laptop and speakers so we have
music.

The location will be at Generations Day Care

Project Site: 8203 Sam Rayburn Drive Austin Texas
maps.google.com

Itinerary: Saturday, April 18th

09:30 AM Site Prep
10:00 AM Project Briefing On-site
10:07 AM Work Begins
1:00 PM Break 30 Minutes Lunch Provided
1:25 Group Photos (bring shirts)
1:30 PM Work Begins Again
3:00 PM Project Completion

Work Goals include:
Installation of timbers and gravel tarp for fall zone.
Clear back area to prep for gravel dump.
Prepare work site for April 24th project.

Tools: Sledge Hammer, pickaxe, breaker bar, sawzaw in case we have to
cut a timber.

Next E-mail will announce the April 24th project.

Questions, concerns, or comments, contact me
Parseci...@yahoo.com 512 294-1811 cell