Volunteer Opportunity -- Haunted House

Michelle DeFrance

Aug 6, 2010, 10:39:02 AM8/6/10
to Burners Without Borders
Hey, I know that the average burner in these borders is busy with "other stuff" in August and September, but I do know that this crew is really awesome, and it's fun and for a good cause -- the boobies.  SCARE donates its proceeds to the Breast Cancer Resource Centers of Texas.  The BCRC makes having breast cancer less terrifying by providing all sorts of support for patients.

I'd love to organize a work-day for BWB to help the haunt strike in November (when the average burner has ha a chance to relax from Labor day, but hasn't gotten busy with their Memorial Day plans).  Is there a process that I need to go through?  Or do I just organize, time, place, tools needed, and maybe some breakfast tacos?

Also, if you are taking a year off and can't figure out what to do with your free time, and want to help build something terribly awesome that will be up for a brief period of time before it all gets taken down (sadly not by fire), here's their kick-off party information.  Free food!  Support the boobies!

Michelle

Aug 6, 2010, 1:47:25 PM8/6/10
to austin-burners-...@googlegroups.com
HI-

It's great to see all of the ideas in this group!

I just wanted to let you all know that you are welcome to post your events on the BWB website. Just send me your call out post-include a photo if possible, and I will put it on the site. This is a great way for you to have a URL to send people and to help others learn about your project.

And if somebody can write a blog after your projects are completed, I would love to post them on BWB's Blog.

Thank you for the leadership you are bringing to your community!

Carmen

Carmen Mauk
Executive Director
Burners Without Borders