Bull Creek rd - and other new designs

Rich

Jun 29, 2024, 1:59:05 PM (7 days ago) Jun 29
to austi...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,
Is there a discussion anywhere about this redesign between 45th and Hancock?

The traffic calming is pushing vehicles and cyclists into each other. It doesn't feel safe. I understand it's better for pedestrians crossing the road, but it's at the expense of cyclist safety and making it much more difficult for drivers to pass cyclists.

Are we really taking into account cyclist safety on these redesigns?

The redesign at Airport, Guadalupe, Pampa is an improvement,  thanks.

I just hate seeing new work that increases conflicts between drivers and cyclists. And I think the city is taking some these designs a bit too far and making it unnecessarily difficult/stressful for drivers.

- Rich Hollenbeck
Cyclist, driver, pedestrian