M1 Pacific Motorway extension to Raymond Terrace

Hubert Lam

Nov 20, 2020, 4:41:09 AM11/20/20
to Aussie Highways

doratroad23 (formerly kakaduhwy21)

Nov 22, 2020, 5:08:18 AM11/22/20
to Aussie Highways
ooh nice find. Then Pacific Motorway will extend up to Raleigh.

Also with the NCX ad saying, no traffic lights between Mel and Newcastle should have stated, no traffic lights between Dubbo and Colac. (i.e. take B84 and then A15 then M15 then M1 and so on.

Main question is, will this project finish before the CFS bypass or not?

Sam Laybutt

Nov 22, 2020, 10:48:22 PM11/22/20
to aussie-...@googlegroups.com
I wonder what RMS are planning for Richardson Road once this project is completed. It will be substantially quicker to get from the M1 to Port Stephens via Richardson Rd, whereas a lot of that traffic currently goes via Tomago Rd. I've seen a few near misses at the Richardson Rd/Grahamstown Rd intersection over the years in busy periods.

Nov 23, 2020, 5:34:10 AM11/23/20
to Aussie Highways
I’m glad to see this upgrade get some traction. Hexham/Heatherbrae is a shocking bottleneck that needed the flick 10 years ago, but better late than never.

As for Tomago Road, it can be the main Airport link road to the M1, whereas Richardson is more a direct route to Nelson Bay.

doratroad23 (formerly kakaduhwy21)

Nov 23, 2020, 8:22:45 PM11/23/20
to Aussie Highways
I just use Tomago Rd, simple, quicker and what signs say. Also, is it just me or does anyone else thing that Nelson Bay Road should be freewayified from A37 up to the Airport. Also again is it just me or does anyone think that Nelson Bay Road should be A63 up to the Airport where it changes to B163? (where a new number is given for Tomago)

Nihat

Aug 2, 2021, 9:22:12 AM8/2/21
to Aussie Highways
EIS for this long awaited project has been released, one step closer to removing that painful bottleneck at the end of the freeway run.

Paul R

Aug 2, 2021, 12:42:33 PM8/2/21
to aussie-...@googlegroups.com

Now that looks impressive. Can't wait to see it come to fruition. Been a long time coming

--
Paul Rands
li...@paulrands.com