$3.6b shopping list for Badgerys Creek airport infrastructure

Henry

Mar 6, 2014, 11:40:53 PM3/6/14
to aussie-...@googlegroups.com
The premier is now in support for a second airport in Sydney. There is a diagram of the proposed infrastructure required to serve the airport. Most of the proposals are already out there in previous state planning documents but the Elizabeth Dr upgrade is an interesting one. The proposal is to upgrade it to motorway standards, rather than building a completely new motorway link.

$3.6b shopping list for Badgerys Creek airport infrastructure

davis

Mar 7, 2014, 1:59:10 AM3/7/14
to aussie-...@googlegroups.com
The practical effect of what would be required here is very similar either way, with one frontage obliterated and large tracts of services roads required; interchanges minimised.

It's encouraging that this is properly identified now (rather than talking about merely "upgrading Elizabeth Dr") because it, along with the rail extension from Leppington to the terminal are the two lynchpins of the transport infrastructure supporting project. Nobody wants another Kingsford Smith.

Paul Rands

Mar 7, 2014, 2:20:06 AM3/7/14
to aussie-...@googlegroups.com
I think Elizabeth Dr is an excellent route to upgrade, it's barely got any curves in it, and except near Kemps Ck, it's pretty flat too. It'd also provide a direct link to the M7 and what will eventually be M9.
Paul Rands
paul...@gmail.com
On 07/03/14 15:40, Henry wrote:
The premier is now in support for a second airport in Sydney. There is a diagram of the proposed infrastructure required to serve the airport. Most of the proposals are already out there in previous state planning documents but the Elizabeth Dr upgrade is an interesting one. The proposal is to upgrade it to motorway standards, rather than building a completely new motorway link.

$3.6b shopping list for Badgerys Creek airport infrastructure

Henry Ung

Mar 7, 2014, 3:50:29 AM3/7/14
to aussie-...@googlegroups.com
That's the thing, this 2nd airport motorway link could run parallel to Elizabeth Dr similar to how M7 runs parallel to Wallgrove Rd.

davis

Apr 16, 2014, 4:46:37 AM4/16/14
to aussie-...@googlegroups.com
These are all now official:

Design standard for The Northern Road is a bit of a mystery. I guess it's dependent a bit on the outer orbital corridor options document which is seemingly Top Secret. The price is high for arterial duplication on fairly easy land (outside Bringelly and Luddenham both of which would likely require deviations irrespective of design standard).

Similarly I would have thought a significant chunk of the estimates for the Elizabeth Dr corridor motorway is interchange related - presumably large structures would be required at each end and at the main airport access road.

Badgerys roads map

Henry Ung

Apr 16, 2014, 6:02:59 AM4/16/14
to aussie-...@googlegroups.com
Interesting to note near Penrith the Telegraph have labelled M9. This could be a mistake by the Telegraph because it will be tough to build a north-south motorway through there. Also the Western line railway connection parallels the Werrington Arterial corridor. If that ends up being the case, then it is very unlikely we will see Werrington Arterial all the way to the Castlereagh Fwy corridor.

Any suggestions for a route number for this Elizabeth Dr Mwy?

Brendan Terrett

Apr 16, 2014, 6:21:17 AM4/16/14
to aussie-...@googlegroups.com
It seems insane that they are just building roads and not the railway. This is probably going to end up as Sydney's Avalon Airport, with passengers who want to get public transport into the city having to shell out $20-30 for a shuttle bus.

Elizabeth Motorway could be M5, with the Westlink between the M31 interchange and Elizabeth Dr being renumbered M5, or perhaps M79 (linking 7 and 9 - geddit?). Probably wouldn't fit in with urban motorways being numbered from 1-10, though.

davis

Apr 16, 2014, 6:32:35 AM4/16/14
to aussie-...@googlegroups.com
ex-SR50 --> M50

Sam Laybutt

Apr 16, 2014, 10:43:52 AM4/16/14
to aussie highways
RMS won't give it a number; it's not significant enough :p

Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 03:32:35 -0700
From: hornet...@gmail.com
To: aussie-...@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [Aussie Highways] Re: $3.6b shopping list for Badgerys Creek airport infrastructure

Henry

Apr 17, 2014, 10:59:21 PM4/17/14
to aussie-...@googlegroups.com
You know it's official when there is a Wikipedia article - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_Drive_(Motorway)

davis

Apr 18, 2014, 3:03:47 AM4/18/14
to aussie-...@googlegroups.com
Speaking of which, M50 confirmed.

davis

Apr 18, 2014, 5:01:52 AM4/18/14
to aussie-...@googlegroups.com
Well, that didn't last long

Sam Laybutt

Apr 18, 2014, 9:34:57 PM4/18/14
to aussie highways
Wiki lulz...

Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2014 02:01:52 -0700

From: hornet...@gmail.com
To: aussie-...@googlegroups.com

davis

Apr 19, 2014, 2:36:59 AM4/19/14
to aussie-...@googlegroups.com
Immortalised in the history forever:

Mind you, there's virtually nothing cited in the whole of Wiki Project:Australian Roads, and that which is, is poorly referenced to OzRoads. So you Mr OzRoads have the power to restore M50 to its rightful place on a Wikipedia page that should not exist at all.

Brendan Terrett

Apr 28, 2014, 2:17:35 AM4/28/14
to aussie-...@googlegroups.com
It'll be fascinating to see how this changes over the next few yearsimage.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone

Sent from my iPhone

kakaduhwy21

Nov 6, 2020, 4:56:59 AM11/6/20
to Aussie Highways
Hello davis

I know it's six years on your wikipedia update but I decided to make an M50 shield

I would have done that earlier in 2014 if I only had a Wiki account or knew this group existed.

I've also done a Metroad 95

Though your "M50" will never be used, it will remain in history and this M50 is to remember that occasion

and for everyone else, Metroad 95 does appear on the Metroad Wikipedia page - or I added it on the page because there were 4 signs. More than the number of quality B52 signs in the ACT.

Thanks,

kakaduhwy21

Nov 6, 2020, 5:37:02 AM11/6/20
to Aussie Highways
also the Metroad 95 doesn't seem right. Can someone tell me what I've stuffed up.

davis

Nov 7, 2020, 12:48:58 AM11/7/20
to Aussie Highways
ummm ok. It wasn't my Wikipedia edit. By 2014 I'd long got burnt out by pedantic Wiki editors to even stir trouble like posting a fantasy route number.

doratroad23 (formerly kakaduhwy21)

Nov 7, 2020, 2:37:37 AM11/7/20
to Aussie Highways
Okay so I am a Wikipedia editor and yes I do give out warnings for the slightest things. (like C612 crossed the border) Here's why:

So even if you provide incorrect info, but and you did it unintentionally then it counts as a Good Faith edit. But because you intensionally did it, it was considered as vandalism.

Also I managed to get my M50 shield to the AUshield template

so it was some use making that M50 other than for the M50 edit that you made.

doratroad23 (formerly kakaduhwy21)

Nov 9, 2020, 3:13:26 AM11/9/20
to Aussie Highways
Hi davis, this is what I've got from stupid wikipedia editors that are too lazy to read the entire edit and decide to revert my constructive edit. And one about M50
Screen Shot 2020-11-09 at 19.05.10.png
Screen Shot 2020-11-09 at 19.03.03.png
Screen Shot 2020-11-09 at 19.04.01.png

BadgeryPedant6969 (formerly QMRDesignIzDaBest69)

Nov 9, 2020, 11:24:35 PM11/9/20
to Aussie Highways
Excuse me davis,

I have made 1000 Posts to an almost dormant Google Groups site over the past week and i'm Starting to get the feeling that people are resenting me for clogging their Inboxes with my drawn out ramblings and fishing for human interaction!

Also I will be vandalising Wikipedia with some more Fantasy Route Numbers and listing examples of RTA/Council Cock-Ups as 'unofficial' examples on various roads pages next week, want to come join me?

doratroad23 (formerly kakaduhwy21)

Nov 10, 2020, 4:11:30 PM11/10/20
to Aussie Highways
no.

Paul Rands

Nov 10, 2020, 7:58:39 PM11/10/20
to aussie-...@googlegroups.com
Giggle...
--
Paul Rands
li...@paulrands.com

Vincent

Nov 10, 2020, 10:16:09 PM11/10/20
to Aussie Highways
My man. Feeling this one on a spiritual level

Bradley T.

Nov 11, 2020, 4:40:54 AM11/11/20
to aussie-...@googlegroups.com
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL! Sutures please, my sides just split!

Sent from my iPhone

On 10 Nov 2020, at 15:24, BadgeryPedant6969 (formerly QMRDesignIzDaBest69) <qmrd...@gmail.com> wrote:

Excuse me davis,
This conversation is locked